Auto req ID: 180853BR
PepsiCo's eCommerce division is expanding into the San Francisco bay area of California, with a focus on leading-edge technology in the areas of machine learning, big data, eCommerce, data engineering, and more. This is an exciting opportunity to build a new team, define our engineering processes / best practices, and build engineering assets that enable our business to be ever more competitive.
The Data Engineering team is looking for an experienced engineering leader for e-commerce supply chain. You will build and lead a team, collaborating with team members from Finance, Engineering, IT, Product, and PepsiCo Business Units to gather / review business requirements, understand goals and objectives for new development projects; learn PepsiCo systems / data architecture as well as 3rd party data sources and SaaS applications; develop systems architecture, specifications, technical designs, and project plans; implement applications and back-end systems to support PepsiCo's business needs in the area of e-commerce supply chain.
* Research and document supply chain data sources:
* PepsiCo ERP / Finance systems
* Reseller systems such as Amazon Vendor Central and Walmart's Retail link
* Internally developed IT applications
* Develop staffing plan for your team, based on OKR commitments
* Assessment of candidate skills and team fit
* Mentor new team members on best practices around data engineering and systems integration
* Develop specifications for data access in cases where data is available in existing systems, but not readily accessible to your dev team; this could include new API development; file transfers, etc.
* External vendor systems
* IT or other engineering teams internal developed systems
* Maintain technology roadmap for supply chain data engineering
* Develop detailed project plans for your engineering projects, platform maintenance, monitoring / alerting
* Implement projects supporting supply chain processes; will include systems integration, web engineering, data pipelines and data warehousing, reporting, and mobile development.
* Comprehensive quality processes, including test automation, for all of your engineering work and for data validation
* Support the systems you're building; develop monitoring and alerting
* 10+ years in software engineering leadership, with at least 3 years at the director level and managing teams of 10 or more people
* Experience developing for Finance and ERP systems - SAP preferred; especially knowledge of setup / implementation, understanding of the meta data, SAP systems integration and customization
* Deep understanding of data architecture and database technologies
* Experience defining requirements and developing applications, reports, analytics tools, and back-end data processing jobs
* Extensive experience managing SaaS vendors, and integrating vendor software with internally developed solutions and other vendor software
* Prefer experience with software and vendor selection / RFP process: gathering requirements, writing an RFP, interacting with vendors, defining proof of concept or customized demos, developing a vendor scorecard, managing a cross functional team to review proposals and arrive at a decision
* Fluent with Agile processes and tools such as Jira or Pivotal Tracker; must have experience running Agile teams, continuous integration, automated testing, and test driven development
* Excellent skills at project estimation, understanding team velocity / dev capacity, progress tracking with burndown charts
* Self starter; bias for action and for quick iteration on ideas / concepts; strong interest in proving out ideas and technologies with rapid prototyping
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, and across various teams; must have excellent communications skills with engineers as well as business and finance team members
* Team player; excellent listening skills; welcoming of ideas and new ways of looking at things; able to lead brainstorming sessions and elicit input from team members - including those who may not be the loudest voice in the room
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
PepsiCo operates as a food and beverage company worldwide.