Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Summary of Job:
The mission of the Marketing Analytics team is to leverage a proprietary set of guest data to generate actionable insights that unlock value for the business. The Marketing Analytics team is responsible for providing analytics to support each marketing line of business, centralized marketing analytics and reporting, and data architecture. The analytics support for each key marketing line of business (Pass Marketing, Destination Marketing, Resort Marketing) includes building out value-added analytic use cases and developing performance reporting, with a goal to drive business strategy and generating value for the business. Centralized analytics encompasses the evaluation of behavior by guest segment, measurement of marketing effectiveness, and development of insights and models to help inform marketing decisions across multiple marketing channels.
As the Data Engineering Manager you will be the business-side architect of advanced analytic and reporting products. You will lead the way in creating and managing a team of data wrangling experts that will prepare, clean, and promote data through our analytic ecosystem as well as identify and advocate for new sources of enrichment. The Data Engineering Manager will partner closely with our Data Enablement team to create products aligned with our technology stack and explore new tools and methods to enhance the capabilities of our existing systems. This team will be the back bone of our advanced analytics and Data Science Discipline by providing rich, trusted, and diverse sources.
Why you’ll love this role
* We are a technologically and data-driven business with a proprietary guest database unmatched by any other company in the industry
* You will be a critical part in the creation and advancement of our new Data Engineering team
* We are an incredibly fast-growing company at the forefront of the Travel and Tourism industry – redefining the ski industry in the 21st century
* We are a group of motivated, ambitious, and forward looking leaders
* We offer competitive compensation packages
* You will be proud to say that you work for Vail Resorts and your contributions will reach across the entire organization
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* [Architect] Design a unified reporting and advanced analytics ecosystem that drives forward insights and modeling projects in partnership with Data Science, Marketing Analytics, and our Information Technology partners.
* [Develop] Create and support a performant, clean, and valuable set of data products that push forward what is possible with our expanding data ecosystem.
* [Lead] Provide mentorship, direction, and development to direct reports as well as cross functional analysts to enhance skill sets and leadership capabilities through maintaining a high level of emotional intelligence, self-awareness, and a superior application of your skills.
* [Center of Excellence] Stimulate a culture of credibility and quality that is extensible to the rest of the organization. Act as a mentor, a trainer, and a source of best practice that allows the team to act as consultative elements for the enterprise.
* [Knowledge Base] Collaborate with business and IT resources to facilitate documentation of process, tools, and meta-data via our data governance platform in order to advance our discipline and protect our data assets.
* [Policy and Procedure] Adhere to all Vail Data Governance policies and procedures in enriching and protecting our data assets.
* [Quality Assurance] Partner with team members to ensure the quality of every product produced. Due to the complexity of our work and the credibility we are trusted with, every piece we do must receive high levels of scrutiny.
* Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business, Technology, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Marketing, or Mathematics) required
* At least 4 years’ experience with Enterprise Data required
* Strong organizational skills are essential. The candidate must be able handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Previous exposure to development, documentation and maintenance of business data models
* Candidates must be highly organized and detail-oriented
* The ideal candidate will have a balanced skilled set; able to describe technical and non-technical concepts effectively.
* Hospitality or travel industry experience helpful but not required; broad marketing experience in a company driven by analytics.
* Strength in written and verbal communication. Excellent interpersonal, with the ability to communicate difficult concepts effectively.
* Highly collaborative approach and open communication style
* Proficient with MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
* High level of comfort with technology
* Relational database skills/understanding in a MS SQL environment
* Experience with a Data Science tool set including: R, Python, Alteryx, SAS
* Experience with analytic tools/software such as SQL, SAS, SPSS, Alteryx, MS Excel
* Working in On premises and cloud environments
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 167753