Data Engineer, Senior
Integrate, manipulate, and manage vast amounts of data into the next generation of data analytic solutions for clients. Deliver robust solutions that serve clients and stand apart from competitors. Interact with a multi-disciplinary team of analysts, data scientists, developers, and users to comprehend data requirements to develop a robust data processing pipeline that ingests, manipulates, normalizes, and exposes potentially billions of records per day to support advanced analytics. Maintain responsibility for analyzing the building and launching of new data models that provide intuitive analytics to clients. Analyze the design, build, and deployment of efficient and reliable data pipelines to move both large and small amounts of data to the data platform. Analyze the design and development of new systems and tools to enable clients to consume and comprehend data faster.
* 4+ years of experience with a modern programming language, including Java or Scala
* 3+ years of experience in working with Hadoop-based technologies
* 3+ years of experience with RDBMS data stores, including PostgreSQL and MySQL
* Experience with custom or structured ETL design, implementation, and maintenance
* Experience with NoSQL data stores, including Accumulo, HBase, MongoDB, and Cassandra
* Ability to quickly learn technical concepts and communicate with multiple functional groups
* Secret clearance
* BA or BS degree
* Experience with batch and streaming frameworks, including Storm, NiFi, Apex, and Flink
* Experience with analytic databases, including Hive, Presto, and Impala
* Experience with multiple data modeling concepts, including XML and JSON
* Possession of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Security+ or CISSP Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
We're an EOE that empowers our people-no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic-to fearlessly drive change.