At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
You will participate in the unique effort of bringing innovative state-of-the-art deep-learning models for self-driving into production, and onto autonomous vehicles. You will collaborate closely with a team of highly skilled researchers and engineers, tackling an array of challenges related to applying machine learning to self-driving vehicles. You will focus on building efficient and scalable data pre-processing and post-processing pipelines, as well as complex algorithmic manipulation of 2D and 3D sensor data, map data, and other data sources.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain & document innovative solutions for challenging problems with robust, scalable, reusable, efficient, production-quality software
* Collaborate and communicate closely with researchers to identify, propose and build infrastructure, large-scale data pipelines, data storage strategy, common libraries and useful tools needed to manipulate data so as to create inputs for deep learning algorithms
* Research and incorporate emerging software infrastructures, tools, and technologies, especially pertaining to data processing
* Usher and evangelize adoption of engineering best-practices and methodology
What You'll Need
* Minimum 3 years experience building production level software systems, preferably with Python and C++
* Experience in architecting and building large-scale batch processing pipelines using Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, etc.
* Comfortable developing in a Linux environment
* Demonstrable track-record of learning and deep-diving as needed into complex existing and new technologies
* Intense sense of ownership, initiative-taking, and a can-do attitude
* Great attention to detail and a data-driven approach to problem solving
* Team-player with a strong collaboration and communication skills, who is able to motivate and mobilize cross-functional teams, and respond positively to feedback
Bonus Points If
* Experience with 2D & 3D data, manipulating and transforming geometric data, computer graphics style image and data projections, graph-based algorithms
* Knowledge of applied machine learning, and GPU processing in compute clusters
* Familiarity with considerations related to sensor data (RGB, LiDAR) such as calibration, data capturing, noise sources, transformations, etc.
About the Team:
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.