Prime Video is an industry leading, high-growth business and a critical driver of Amazon Prime subscriptions, which contribute to customer loyalty and lifetime value. Prime Video is used daily by a massive audience on Amazon's websites and through a variety of devices including the Kindle Fire, game consoles, smart TVs and Blu-ray players. Prime Video is a digital video streaming and download service that offers Amazon customers the ability to rent, purchase or subscribe to a huge catalog of videos. Movies range from new releases to classic favorites, and Prime Video offers major television episodes, entire seasons, or even day after air TV.
Our team helps Prime Video make good decisions about what content to show our customers by creating world-class data products, supporting content-licensing deal evaluations, and performing data analysis for content strategy and decision support. We are looking for a data engineer to help us innovate on behalf of the Prime Video customer by developing complex data structures and working with machine-learning scientists to build robust forecasting tools.
In this role you will:
* Design, develop, implement, test, document, and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures for business intelligence analytics in support of prime video content analytics.
* Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes, and SQL, Oracle, Redshift, and OLAP technologies.
* Gather business and functional requirements and translate these requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions that work well within the overall data architecture.
* Analyze source data systems and drive best practices in source teams.
* Participate in the full development life cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery, support, and maintenance.
* Produce comprehensive, usable dataset documentation and metadata.
* Evaluate and make decisions around dataset implementations designed and proposed by peer data engineers.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.