Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
We are building a team of experienced Data Engineers to ensure that our data infrastructure supports and helps drive the dramatic growth that we expect! We're looking for an exceptional data engineer to help us organize, test, and operationalize our data. Our business depends on putting the right data in front of the right people at the right time. As a Data Engineer in this dynamic environment, you will be instrumental in pulling data from multiple sources, performing extensive analysis, and applying a variety of data science models to provide our internal customers with recommendations and feedback.
* Establish and maintain best practices for our data infrastructure
* Develop next-gen data pipelining and ETL based on open source data pipeline tools and cloud-based ecosystems that can deal with varied data types from disparate sources
* Develop and tune data storage and processing systems at scale
* Build real-time data processing systems
* Build automated systems to continually monitor data quality and integrity
* Work closely with stakeholders across Vroom to ensure data is accurate, timely, and useful
* 3+ years experience in data/software engineering or related field
* Fluency in Python and SQL, experience with Golang, C, C++, Java, or Scala is a plus
* Demonstrated experience with distributed computing (Kafka, Storm, Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
* Experience with NoSQL databases
* Proficiency in using and managing cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS
* Linux and Bash competence
* Experience integrating with Salesforce a plus
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we're looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you'd be a great addition to the team.