Req #: 190064082
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Strong Data Engineer with excellent command over PL/SQL, data integration/transformation tools like Pentaho, Informatica and exposure to Big Data technology stack (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, etc.).
* Utilize Agile methodology and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
* Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs developing applications within mature technology environments.
* Converting data to stories using advanced analytical and visualization techniques to help with data-driven decision making and management reporting.
* Devops model - Design, develop, code, test, debug, document and support.
* Collaborate with team and come up with solutions for any identified problem by team.
* Deployment of newly build modules in QA and Production environment.
* Manage code quality for total build effort.
* Coordinate with end users during User Acceptance Testing.
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or any other relevant field.
* Strong Database/SQL skills
* 5+ years hands on ETL skills - Informatica, Pentaho
* Unix/Perl scripting
* Strong knowledge of Data modeling/Data Warehousing concepts
* Experience of a scheduling tool - CA/Autosys
* Experience working within an Agile environment
* Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
* Hadoop / Spark / Hive, big data exposure is a big plus
* Experience with any Reporting/Business Intelligence tools (Qlikview/Qliksense/Tableau/OBIEE)
* Financial industry experience
* Scrum/Agile knowledge
* Strong verbal communication skills
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.