PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR's Information Division (ITD), located in Renton, WA utilizes cutting-edge technology to provide systems development, consulting, voice and data communications services to the entire Corporation, which has high visibility in the technology sector.
Does empowering teams to make data driven decisions excite you? Do you wake up in the morning wondering what possibilities could be unlocked with more data? PACCAR is looking for a seasoned data engineer with AWS experience to join the team. Data Engineering focuses on making possible fast, accurate, and reliable access to data. We build data pipelines, manage a data warehouse, and support the production use of our data. We advocate for good data practices and make sure that our business users are able to make good data driven decisions.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Work with business users and application architects to understand data requirements, definitions and business rules
* Create conceptual and logical data models that accurately reflect these requirements in a way easily understood by business users and development teams
* Work with dev teams to create sound physical data designs that reflect the project architecture and choice of data/database technology
* Implement data structures on a variety of database platforms, including SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata and Snowflake
* Work with dev teams to create database objects (views, functions, stored procedures) that improve application performance, functionality and scalability
* Build data pipelines (including data migration from legacy data sources, cleansing and transformation), data validation frameworks, job schedules with emphasis on automation and scale
* Contribute to overall architecture, framework, and design patterns to store and process high data volumes
* Ensure product and technical features are delivered to spec and on-time
* Design and implement features in collaboration with product owners, reporting analysts / data analysts, and business partners within an Agile / Scrum methodology
* Proactively support product health by building solutions that are automated, scalable, and sustainable - be relentlessly focused on minimizing defects and technical debt
* Masters' or Bachelors' degree in Software Engineering or a related field
* 5+ years of experience in large-scale software development (preferably Agile) with emphasis on data modeling and database development
* 5+ years of experience with data modeling tools (Erwin, ER/Studio, PowerDesigner)
* 5+ years of experience with relational DBMSs and SQL coding (SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Snowflake)
* Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with business users, project team leaders and application developers
* Proficiency with ETL tools and techniques (SSIS, Attunity, Informatica)
* 2+ years experience with AWS and related services (EC2, S3, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, SQS, SNS, Lambda, Airflow, Snowflake, etc.)
* Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or a related field
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Database, Engineer, Consulting, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Technology, Engineering
PACCAR is engaged in design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates.