The core mission of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketing is to educate customers about cloud computing and our services. Millions of customers engage with us every day across multiple channels. Imagine building a platform that enables AWS to speak to engineers, CTOs, CIOs, and CEOs, educate them about AWS services, and empower them on their journey to the cloud. Our services act as the foundation for announcing new AWS products and are uniquely positioned to redefine how our cloud community consumes information and engages with AWS.
Would you like to support increasing customer base and the revenue for AWS, a market-leading cloud offering? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of the AWS platform by analyzing customer's behavior on and outside AWS websites? Do you want to empower our AWS marketing team make data-driven decisions that further establish AWS as leader in the cloud computing world?
As a Data Engineer at AWS in Seattle, you will be working in a large, extremely complex and dynamic data warehousing environment. We are looking for someone with the uncanny ability to integrate multiple heterogeneous data sources like Adobe Site Catalyst, Adobe Target, Sales Force, Adobe Connect with AWS central data warehouse and build efficient, flexible, and scalable data warehouse and reporting solutions. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and be able to implement solutions using these technologies to architect upgrades of the existing platform. You should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, then build the data sets that answer those questions. You should be expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse and into end-user facing reporting applications. Above all you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive growth.
At AWS, you have control over every layer you build. Instead of owning a small slice of an existing service, you will own a core segment of a growing marketing platform serving 1000s of internal customers and millions of external customers. You will build on multiple AWS services and have opportunities to engage directly with those teams to improve our core offerings. At AWS, we work with our customers on a daily basis to prove out our ideas, gather feedback, and improve the platform.
* Understand business requirements and convert them into technical solutions.
* Design and develop efficient/reliable data structures for analytics and reporting based on multiple data sources such as Adobe Target, Adobe Connect, SalesForce, and AWS Redshift.
* Support Technical Program Manager, Data Engineers, and a growing virtual team aimed at analyzing usage data to derive new insights and fuel customer success
* Use business intelligence and visualization software (e.g., Tableau, Amazon Quicksight, etc.) to empower non-technical, internal customers to drive their own analytics and reporting.
* Develop a deep understanding of AWS's vast data sources and know exactly how, when, and which data to use to solve particular business problems.
* Monitor and maintain database security and database software.
* Support the development of performance dashboards that encompass key metrics to be reviewed with senior leadership and sales management.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.