Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived you wondered how it got to you so fast? Have you wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon to deliver it to you? If so, the WW Amazon Logistics, Business Analytics team is for you. We manage the delivery of tens of millions of products every week to Amazon's customers, achieving on-time delivery in a cost-effective manner.
Amazon seeks a passionate, results-oriented, Data Engineer to identify strategic initiatives that will form the next generation of Amazon Logistics. We strive to solve complex cost and cycle time optimization problems that no one has solved yet. Are you up for the challenge and ready to further develop your skills and long-term career? Look no further.
As an Amazon.com Data Engineer you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. This individual should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets. This high impact role will have an opportunity to help design and build our data infrastructure from the ground up, work with emerging technologies such as Redshift, while driving business intelligence solutions end-to-end: business requirements, workflow instrumentation, data modeling, ETL, metadata, reporting, and dashboard development. He/she should be an expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse and into end-user facing applications. This individual should also be able to work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing reporting solutions. The role requires someone who loves data, understands enterprise information systems, and has a strong business sense.
* Conduct deep dive investigations into business problems and identify potential opportunities
* Identify and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
* Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
* Work with in-house scientists, global supply chain, transportation and logistics teams, and software teams to identify new features and projects
* Work with Last Mile technology teams to drive automation of dashboards and analysis through smarter software systems
* Track realized savings and impacts, and communicate results with senior leaders
* This is an individual contributor role that will partner with internal stakeholders across multiple teams, gathering requirements and delivering complete solutions
* Maintain programs and data pipelines to support data visualization tools
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.