We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing and sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries and new products. We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We've raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, and SoftBank.
We are building a Data platform that provides an enriched and valuable ecosystem of data sources and data services that drive innovation for internal and external systems. The Data Platform team is dedicated to developing advanced technology (e.g. Cloud, Machine Learning and Big Data), systems and services to make data secure, rich, high quality, and fast therefore enabling Guardant the ability to leverage its data assets in an effective and timely manner to maximize technology/business development in the extraordinarily complex oncology diagnostic and therapeutic landscape.
We connect patients with clinical trials, help clinicians order our test and receive our clinical reports, and deliver valuable genomic datasets to researchers to help uncover important insights into treatment paradigms and drug discovery. Our technology stack reflects our views of using the best tools for the job, employing Java, Python, Scala along with Kubernetes, Apache Spark, Presto, Kafka, Docker, Mule, MySQL, MongoDB and a variety of AWS services to analyze and disseminate vast volumes of genomic data.
Data Acquisition: Utilizes expert coding skills to build real-time distributed and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale.
Data Architecture: Expertise in designing and building big data systems, data lakes; can translate the needs of the business to productize models and data visualizations into a very functional data architecture; partners with Healthcare Intelligence.
Data Validation / Accuracy: Develops quality checks to ensure data accuracy and integrity; recommends process improvements that enhance data integrity; ensures ongoing data integrity and performs skillful data validation.
Reporting / Analysis: Work independently with senior leaders to tackle complex problems by developing sophisticated, testable hypotheses; presents findings formally to diverse stakeholders and committees; meaningfully identifies opportunities for improvement that result in change.
Display / Visualization: Proficient with data visualization tools; develops visualization concepts; delivers excellent visual storytelling; solves complex technical challenges.
Clinical Data Expertise: Strong analytic resource in clinical subject areas with good understanding of the characteristics of data in sources including the EDW and the Data Lake.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area.
* Around 2 to 4 years of software development experience.
* Minimum 1 year of experience on Big Data Platform.
* Excellent experience with programming languages such as Scala and Java.
* Strong experience coding with streaming/micro-batch compute frameworks, preferably Spark.
* Strong knowledge of statistics, data analysis and databases.
* Strong hands on skills in SOLR querying and Indexing, configuring schema, understanding in advanced schema fields, deciding commit strategies and tuning the relevancy of search results.
* Flair for data, schema, data model, how to bring efficiency in big data related life cycle.
* Expertise in designing and building data warehouses in Big data systems, dimensional data models and strong hands-on SQL knowledge.
* Experience with application performance monitoring and assessment desired.
* Understanding of automated QA needs related to Big data.
* Understanding of various Visualization platform (Tableau, D3JS, others).
* Possesses knowledge of healthcare including: Clinical terms and concepts is a plus
* Experience with managing data in regulated healthcare environment (HIPAA compliant) is a plus.
* Proficiency with agile or lean development practices.
* Strong object-oriented design and analysis skills.
* Has a strong aesthetic sensibility that supports clear visual communication of quantitative information.
Top skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
* Programming language - Java (required), Scala, Python, R
* Database - Oracle, complex SQL queries, performance tuning concepts, AWS RDS, Apache Presto, RedShift; NoSQL - HBASE, MongoDB, Cassandra
* Batch processing - Hadoop MapReduce, Cascading/Scalding, Apache Spark, AWS EMR
* Stream processing - Spark streaming, Apache Storm, Flink
* ETL Tools - Data Stage, Informatica, Nifi
* Code/Build/Deployment -- GIT, SVN, Maven, SBT, Jenkins, Bamboo
You have strong knowledge and experience addressing a broad range of accounting matters, ensuring it is processed in compliance with established internal controls. You possess analytical skills needed to correctly grasp and communicate data, and analyze and reconcile accounts; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion; and handle multiple deadlines.
You are a self-starter, work well as a team player, but can work independently when appropriate. You possess the ability to analyze problems and actively strategize to resolve them, pay attention to detail, and have excellent organization and communication skills. You are results oriented. You can juggle multiple tasks, work cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization, whether internally or externally. You are flexible and comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and can prioritize to focus on the important, not just the urgent.
Keywords / #hashtags
#softwaredeveloper #softwareengineer #swengineer #guardantjobs #guardantcareers #guardanthealth #biotechjobs #biotechcareers #dataengineer #bigdata #datavisualization #datavalidation #bioinformatics #datalake #edw #streaming #spark #java #scala #data #dataarchitecture #mongodb #microbatch #solr
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About Guardant Health
Guardant Health is a company that specializes in non-invasive cancer diagnostics and comprehensive genomic liquid biopsy.