Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 29025
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): N/A
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
Capital Group is rapidly evolving its ability to leverage data for reporting, insights, and analytics across our business. Our FAMIS (Fund and Mandate Information System) team is focused on the delivery of investment data to our distribution channels and is embarking on a transformation that expands the scope of data and distribution channels serviced as well as migration to cloud.
The Data Engineer is responsible for leading delivery of data solutions that source and integrate data from multiple investment data sources and publish to multiple distribution channel consumers with capabilities to monitor and manage data quality. The solution includes application components for data maintenance that the associate will enhance and maintain. You will partner with the business to influence ways to achieve business priorities and provide leadership through innovation, critical thinking, collaboration and proactive risk management.
* Hands on technologist, leading end-to-end data solution delivery with independent hands-on contributions to all aspects of software development.
* Analysis of features across multiple architectural layers of the data platform including data models/storage, integration, visualization, and data maintenance in conformance to standards.
* Proactively keeps up to date on related technologies and seeks opportunities to share that knowledge with others. Leverages and promotes existing frameworks, and influences the development of new data framework and patterns.
* Serves as an advocate for team processes, maintains documentation, and provides feedback on team members' work products while mentoring more junior associates.
* Plans, estimates, and manages solution delivery. Accountable for scope, timeline, and the costs of the proposed solution.
* Proactively identifies issues & risks, and communicates progress to business and IT stakeholders, providing options and next steps.
* Troubleshoots and supports the entire solution.
* Minimum of 4 years delivering data solutions, including data warehousing, data integration, reporting, and analytics.
* Experience with application development required, preferably on Java stack.
* Experience with data analysis, data modeling, Business Intelligence/Reporting and visualization skills (e.g., Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services, PowerBI) required.
* Strong SQL skills to perform data analysis and development required.
* Strong technical knowledge of performance tuning and query optimization across large data sets desired.
* Understanding of traditional RDBMS required. Exposure to large scale compute and storage platforms like MPP databases (e.g. Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse), Hadoop, and Spark desired.
* Technical knowledge of ETL and ELT technologies and a proven implementation track record with SQL, Informatica, Alteryx, and R/Python, with significant experience automating complex pipelines that include file based and API endpoints.
* Experience in troubleshooting infrastructure bottlenecks at the storage, network, and/or compute layers desired.
* Experience with cloud computing, especially, Azure and/or AWS, desired.
* Strength in leadership, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. Agility in learning new concepts & technologies and translating to effective solutions.
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.