Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Viasat designs, builds, and operates high-capacity satellite networks - bringing broadband Internet access to the world. ATG is Viasat's data division. Every day, petabytes of data from Viasat networks across the globe are collected, processed, and stored -- and our Data Platform team makes it all happen. By leveraging modern tools such as Spark, Kafka, and Impala, we equip every employee with the power to make data driven decisions.
The Viasat analytics group uses latest big-data technologies (Spark, Kafka, Impala, Hadoop) to analyze petabytes of data streaming from our operational systems. The instrumentation team has touchpoints all across our network and facilitates the efficient data collection, transport, and analysis. Our diverse team of developers, data engineers and data scientists creates innovative solutions to gain technical and business insights.
Data Engineers serve as the backbone of the Platform team.
* Architect real-time data processing pipelines
* Design and implement web and app instrumentation strategies
* Influence marketing, product, and business model decisions
In this position, you will:
Design, build and own data collection, pipelines & storage systems
Design and develop analytic tools
Our Ideal Candidate
We value curiosity, learning, and adaptability. Our ideal candidate loves solving tough problems using data.
At a minimum, we are looking for people who are:
* Comfortable with Linux environment and common tools
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or related field
You'll be especially competitive if you have any of:
* Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Impala or other big data technologies experience
* Experience with Snowplow, Google Analytics, or other analytics framework is a big plus
* Ansible, Docker, familiarity with container orchestration
* Familiar with languages such as (Scala, Python, Ruby, BASH, etc)
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
Viasat provides broadband and communications products and services.