Does playing a critical role in protecting customers sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fintech company on an advanced team that is passionate about preventing money laundering and other illegal financial transactions?
We're seeking a Data Engineer based in our Denver, Colorado office (DTC headquarters). In this role, you will play a critical part in the use of machine learning and data technology to address some of Western Union's risk challenges. You will provide analytics and data support to the Global Compliance Risk Modeling team and risk analytics users
Sounds interesting? Here are some specifics?
* Setting up regular data ingestion and processing pipelines from multiple upstream systems
* Managing databases to support the accessibility and availability of analytics data
* Be a key user and stakeholder of larger enterprise big data systems and software
* Mentor and advise data science staff on elements of data access and data processing
* Facilitate the deployment of data analytics products, vendors, APIs, etc.
What you will need to succeed:
* Strong working knowledge in at least one common programming language (Python, Java, Scala, etc.)
* Working experience with modern big data architectures (Hadoop, distributed computing, etc.)
* 5+ years' experience using and managing databases
* Strong understanding of principals of data structures and schemas (SQL, NoSQL, etc.)
* 5+ years' experience with data manipulation (ETL)
* Working experience with Linux environment and CLI
* Desire to constantly learn and evolve technical skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, prioritization, decision making and conflict resolution skills
* Bachelor's degree preferred
What will make you stand out:
* Working experience setting up and managing environments with AWS
* Proficient with Spark
* Experience with common administration tasks
* Experience with machine learning methods and technology
What's in it for you?
* Competitive global pay and benefits
* Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
* Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What's it like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO's in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We'd love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.
About Western Union
Western Union is a global provider of money movement and payment services for consumers and businesses.