Plano 7 (31067), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One Plano campus (Take a Tour of Capital One's Plano Campus) sits at the center of the "tech hub" thatisDallas Texas! With industry-leading technology and innovation, world class benefits, exponential career growth, leadership and servitude across the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and surrounding communities, we are continuing to grow as we serve a variety of domains within the financial services industry.
Make no assumptions of who Capital One is. Capital One is: Agile, all-in on the cloud, invested in a serious mobile program, committed to open-source technology and giving back to that community, and in constant pursuit of emerging technologies such as A.I. and machine learning.
We're a Software Company
Capital One CIO Rob Alexander has transformed his organization from an IT shop into a software company with Agile development, public cloud, new talent, open source technology, and machine learning.
We're looking for an experiencedData Engineer(Senior Associate) to join the Capital One Auto Finance (COAF) Consumer team within Financial Services ( #FStech )!
We are looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate Data Engineers in creating Capital One's next generation of data products and capabilities.
As a Capital One Data Engineer, you will:
* Build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery for our Hadoop and streaming data hub
* Build data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for our internal business operations, customers and partners
* Transform complex analytical models into scalable, production-ready solutions
* Continuously integrate and ship code into our on premise and cloud Production environments
* Develop applications from ground up using a modern technology stack such as Scala, Spark, Postgres, Angular JS, and NoSQL
* Work directly with Product Owners and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment
* Develop sustainable data driven solutions with current new gen data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business Customers
* Ability to grasp new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
* Break down data issues and resolve them
* Build robust systems with an eye on the long term maintenance and support of the application
* Leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization
* Utilize a working knowledge of multiple development languages
* Drive cross team design / development via technical leadership / mentoring
* Understand complex multi-tier, multi-platform systems
What We Offer:
* Flexible work schedules
* Convenient office locations
* Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
* A startup mindset with the wallet of a top 10 bank
* Monthly innovation challenges dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
* Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 2 years of experience with Big Data technologies
* At least 2 years of coding experience in data environments
* At least 1 year of Spark or Spark Streaming
* At least 1 year of Shell Scripting
* At least 1 year of SQL
* At least 1 year of Java or Scala or Python
* 2+ years of experience with Big Data technologies
* 2+ years of experience with NoSQL implementation (Mongo or Cassandra a plus)
* 3+ years of experience developing Java-based software solutions
* 3+ years of experience with Relational Database Systems and SQL
* 3+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.