Alexa Communications team is looking for engineers who are interested in building Communications capabilities with us. We solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. You can make history with us, and the good news is that we've only just begun! For our new team we are looking for passionate, curious, and talented Data Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that will revolutionize the industry. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. Running with the spirit and energy of a start-up, our team is focused on leveraging emerging technologies (Alexa voice recognition) to create new product offerings in the space of Communications.
We are looking for a passionate data engineer to develop a robust, scalable data model and optimize the consumption of data sources we require to generate unique insights about our systems. You will share in the ownership of the technical vision and direction for advanced analytics and insight products. You will work with top-notch technical professionals developing complex systems at scale and with a focus on sustained operational excellence. Members of this team will be challenged to innovate using the latest big data techniques. We are looking for people who are motivated by thinking big, moving fast, and exploring business insights. If you love to implement solutions to hard problems while working hard, having fun, and making history, this may be the opportunity for you.
Key responsibilities include:
* Design, implement and support an analytical data infrastructure providing ad-hoc access to large datasets and computing power
* Managing AWS resources including EC2, RDS, Redshift, et cetera
* Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies
* Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
* Collaborate with Business Intelligence Engineers (BIEs) to recognize and help adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
* Collaborate with other tech teams to implement advanced analytics algorithms that exploit our rich datasets for statistical analysis, prediction, clustering and machine learning
* Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.