Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Data Engineer/ Data Modelling- Associate
Req #: 180077470
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
This role will be part of the CIB Cybersecurity Technology Controls Measurement and Analytics group responsible for providing data and analysis to Risk Committees, Business Units, Control Officers, and Information Risk Managers related to Technology Controls. The Data Engineer is responsible for delivering timely, accurate execution of uplifts to the data platform and ingestion of data sets required for measurement and analytics within the Cybersecurity and Technology Controls domain.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
* Ability to communicate effectively as you will work closely with other groups both within and outside of Cybersecurity Technology Controls to coordinate design, development, and testing efforts of your assigned application components to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
* Utilize production management procedures to support the data platform functionality and contribute to support documentation.
* Identify and troubleshoot application code-related issues to provide superior feedback for approved user documentation.
* Perform research and development tasks where required with guidance and supervision.
* Engage with the Technology Control teams to identify and remediate any highlighted control gaps.
* Analyze, normalize and logically model data from multiple sources to support the creation industrialised analytics to support the detection of risks, control breaks and any required control uplifts.
* Be able to provide data anomaly detection techniques to investigate and resolve discrepancies to maintain data and control integrity within the platform.
* Identify and lead opportunities to deliver data driven process and overall service delivery improvements within the data platform.
* Proactively researches best practices and learns new technologies and systems to advance knowledge of data ingestion and modeling.
* Understand the technical solutions to data milestoning that provides both compressed and full historical data.
* Identify, document, and communicate data integrity/quality issues and data capture gaps.
* Be a subject matter expertise in data ingestion, data platforms and data modeling.
* Maintain library of documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets
* Sustain and maintain the data platform environment
Key Skills / Qualifications
* Minimum of 5 years of Experience with .NET Framework 4.0 with C# and ASP.Net, MVC, JQuery, Development experience
* Minimum of 5 years of software development experience including, but not limited to, mature design, coding, testing and debugging skills
* Minimum of 5 years of experience writing PL/SQL or SQL scripts; must be independently able to write stored procedures, triggers, functions, and tables.
* Visual Studio 2008+
* SQL / SQL Server 2008 or later
* Ability to translate business requirements into functional requirements documentation
* Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic
* Experience in gathering data using various data sources and scripting languages
* Experience in data aggregation, integration (API), assessment and correlation
* Experience in Custom Dynamic Web Data Portal Reporting Services
* Experience in custom scripted solutions and process automation
* Automation via scripting with emphasis on high volume data.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office SharePoint.
* Experience in creating tools and processes to enhance and improve process workflow.
* BA/BS required; quantitative focus preferred.
* Proven ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in an ever changing environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal form, in a manner that is clear, logical and concise, including, the ability to present information in differing degrees of detail and form depending on the audience.
* Proficient organizational skills, ability to absorb and retain information readily, prioritize tasks to meet changing demands and work under deadline constraints.
* Self-motivated and highly responsive with proven ability to take initiative and work successfully both independently and with a team
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.