At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you passionate about contributing meaningfully to battling cancer? Then join us here at MSK, where we can provide you with the opportunity to make a difference with your career. We believe this is a very exciting opportunity for someone who has the right skillset and drive to make an impact to support our mission.
The Computational Oncology Program in the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics is seeking a talented, highly skilled Data Engineer to join their team. We are motivated by contributing meaningfully to contemporary progress in cancer research driven by advances in computing and data. The right person will work in close collaboration with researchers and software engineers, and be responsible for managing data from leading edge, large scale research efforts in computational biology including genomics, imaging and clinical data analysis and interpretation. The Data Engineer will have experience managing data utilizing robust, enterprise level contemporary software systems.
* Manage data from high-throughput next-generation sequencing and imaging
* Contribute to the design of databases as part of bioinformatics data processing and analysis systems
* Maintain and monitor streaming and batch ETLs operating on structured and unstructured sources
* Maintain a data lake with hundreds of terabytes of data
* Develop workflows and integrate systems with REST APIs
* Compile datasets and verify data consistency
* Communicate with stakeholders of the data and upon request, conduct data query tracking and resolution
* Identify inefficiencies and work with software engineers to simplify processes, debug systems and automate routine tasks
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Database Management (or equivalent experience), Master's degree is preferred
* 3+ years of experience, preferably with bioinformatics lab information management systems
* Experience designing databases and defining system requirements for data collection
* Strong software engineering skills in Python, and working with SQL and NoSQL data
* Solid experience in Linux systems, and shell scripting
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.