Req #: WHQ00014740-RT
Location: Chicago, IL US
Job Category:Information Technology
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
United Airlines is seeking talented people to join the Data Engineering team. Data Engineering organization is responsible for driving data driven insights & innovation to support the data needs for commercial and operational projects with a digital focus.
You will partner with various teams to define and execute data acquisition, transformation, processing and make data actionable for operational and analytics initiatives that create sustainable revenue and share growth
* Design, develop, and implement streaming and near-real time data pipelines that feed systems that are the operational backbone of our business.
* Execute unit tests and validating expected results to ensure accuracy & integrity of data and applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution.
* This role will also drive the adoption of data processing and analysis within the Hadoop environment and help cross train other members of the team.
* Leverage strategic and analytical skills to understand and solve customer and business centric questions.
* Coordinate and guide cross-functional projects that involve team members across all areas of the enterprise, vendors, external agencies and partners.
* Leverage data from a variety of sources to develop data marts and insights that provide a comprehensive understanding of the business.
* Develop and implement innovative solutions leading to automation.
* Use of Agile methodologies to manage projects.
* Mentor and train junior engineers.
* BS/BA, in computer science or related STEM field
* We are seeking creative, driven, detail-oriented individuals who enjoy tackling tough problems with data and insights. Individuals who have a natural curiosity and desire to solve problems are encouraged to apply
* 10+ years of IT experience in software development
* 5+ years of development experience using Java, Python, Scala
* 5+ years of experience with Big Data technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Hive, HBASE, Kafka, Nifi
* 4+ years of experience with relational database systems like MS SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata
* Must be legally authorized to work in US for any employer without sponsorship - Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
* Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
Master's in computer science or related STEM field.
* Experience with cloud-based systems like AWS, AZURE or Google Cloud.
* Certified Developer / Architect on AWS.
* Strong experience with continuous integration & delivery using Agile methodologies - Data engineering experience with transportation/airline industry
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Strong knowledge in Big Data
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
About United Airlines
United Airlines is an airline operating a domestic and international route network.