Rally Health is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It's our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that's okay. We're not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We're building something that supports people over their lifetime. As Rally Health founder and CEO Grant Verstandig says, "We get to do amazing work every day that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better."
Do you love data and supporting an organization that is dedicated to making it easier and more rewarding for people to handle their health and wellness? Rally's mission is to help people to become healthier every day by putting health and wellness tools and crucial information in their own hands. We are looking for expert Business Intelligence professionals to join our data team, which also includes engineers and scientists, to drive our analytics, reporting, and business intelligence.
* Analyze data from consumers interactions with their healthcare insurers and providers, monitor trends and develop strategies and opportunities to improve their health and lower their costs.
* Partner with employers and healthcare insurers, provide phenomenal great UI for covered members and their families to manage both their health and healthcare options
* Develop actionable insights for population health management and positive recommendations for ways individuals can improve their health and manage their costs
* Responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of critical enterprise E2E Business Intelligence ETL solutions in Hadoop, sourcing data from HDFS, Amazon Redshift, MongoDB or Postgres environments and utilizing Python, Spark and Hive.
* Handle the product's or project's conception, design initial product specifications and lead scheduling, estimating and securing of resources
* Provide technical guidance to other internal and external teams
* Help to train new employees and stay ahead of industry trends and issues
* Maintaining business partner engagement and setting expectations
* Assessing current processes and recommending changes as needed
* Documenting and communicating technical specifications to ensure that proper and optimized techniques, queries, data standards, and final outputs are understood and incorporated into data and analytics processes
* Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements
* Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required user-friendly environments, reports and dashboards, built from potentially multiple data sources
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
* Advanced working knowledge and ability to write complex SQL and HQL queries in an HDFS environment
* Extensive hands-on experience working with Python and PySpark for the purposes of data transformations and ETL
* Strong familiarity with Kimball, OLAP, and EDW data design methodologies
* 5+ years experience in ETL, Data Engineering, or BI fields with concentration on data transformations
* Understanding of various data extraction and transformation techniques with data sourced in HDFS, MongoDB, and Postgres
* Working familiarity with Pentaho, Airflow, or Oozie
* Knowledge of Scala is a bonus
* Familiar with Data Visualization standard methodologies
* Ability to succeed in a dynamic, Agile environment
* Strong prioritization and time-management skills
* Dedication to team goals that include support of live 24/7 production systems
* A consummate collaborator, able to establish good relationships with technical, product, and business owners
* A champion of quality, able to QA and vouch for the integrity of the report output
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America's diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Rally Health
Rally Health is a consumer-centric digital health company that helps individuals to take care of their health and collaborates with health plans, care providers, and employers to engage consumers.