We're seeking a talented data engineer with expertise and passion in working with large data sets, data visualization, building complex data curation processes, and performance tuning - experience bringing data from disparate data stores and programmatically identify patterns are all big pluses. Amazon Web Services (AWS) has culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence of that is timely, accurate, and actionable. If this gets you stoked, database services organization is a unique place where you your work will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making.
As an Data Engineer you will be working in set of disparate storage systems and complex data warehouse environments. You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should be expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from disparate storage systems into centralized data store and into end-user facing applications. You should be able to work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing reporting solutions. Above all you should be passionate about working with large data sets and someone who loves to bring both structured and unstructured datasets together to answer business questions and drive change. You will provide guidance and support for other engineers with industry best practices and direction.
* Design, implement and support a system that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets
* Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
* Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete insightful solutions
* Tune application and query performance using profiling tools and SQL
* Partner/Collaborate across teams/roles to deliver results.
* Be responsible for overall reporting models, schedules, reliability, and performance.
* Mentor other engineers, define the technical culture, and help grow the team.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.