Do you want a unique, exciting opportunity to help build something from the ground up? We are looking for builders who are passionate about data engineering to join the Global Specialty Fulfillment team.
In this role, you will be a technical expert with massive impact. You will create data pipelines that ensure the information used to manage the GSF operation is reliable, accurate, and consistent. Your work will directly impact the success of Amazon's fastest delivery offerings including Prime Now, Fresh, and Whole Foods. You will work across diverse engineering/operations teams. You will work on the most business critical data engineering problems, building high quality, architecturally sound data sets that are aligned with our business needs.
Key Performance Areas
* Design, implement and support an analytical data infrastructure
* Managing AWS resources including EC2, RDS, Redshift, etc.
* Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies
* Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
* Collaborate with Business Intelligence Engineers (BIEs) to recognize and help adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
* Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
Here are some qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At Amazon, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Be data-driven, with high judgment. GSF is building out a new team and this means there is a lot of room for experimentation and adaptation. We're looking for someone who is data-driven and analytical in their approach, and yet also able to use sound judgement to make smart decisions in the absence of data.
Be scrappy: The GSF team operates like a start-up - we're moving fast and learning and adapting along the way. We're looking for people who are willing to dive in and solve a variety of problems and own the solution end-to-end.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.