Love food? We do! The AmazonFresh and Prime Now product builder teams are seeking an experienced and innovative Data Engineer to build tools that support Retail teams in AmazonFresh and Prime Now. We are a builder team responsible for building tools to support internal stakeholders such as vendor managers and instock managers as well as building tools for our vendor community to make them more self-supporting. This is a unique opportunity for someone interested in Amazon's start-up consumables-focused environment. AmazonFresh and Prime Now experiment, fail fast, learn, and scale rapidly.
Ultra-fast delivery delights Amazon customers by delivering what they want quickly: medication for a sick kid, lunch at work when you forgot, food and drinks for a party, last minute gifts, dinner from a local restaurant, and so many more uses.
The business model of ultra-fast delivery is attractive, and offers our Engineering team the opportunity to work on any number of complex technical problems. Our team designs, builds and owns our end-to-end services from the ground up and works on all aspects of a retail service - applications, mobile/web development, large scale back-end systems, fulfillment, inventory, search, etc.
We are seeking Data Engineer. In this role you will:
* You help build the infrastructure to answer questions with data, using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, and recent advances in distributed systems
* You manage AWS resources.
* You collaborate with Business Intelligence Engineers (BIEs) to recognize and help adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
* You collaborate with Data Scientists to implement advanced analytics algorithms that exploit our rich data sets for statistical analysis, prediction, clustering and machine learning
* You help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience
* You develop expertise in a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use
* You encourage the organization to adopt next-generation data architecture strategies, proposing both data flows and storage solutions
* You are comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts, iterate and improve
* You create extensible designs and easy to maintain solutions with the long term vision in mind
* You have an understanding and empathy for business objectives, and continually align your work with those objectives and seek to deliver business value. You listen effectively.
* You are comfortable presenting your findings to large groups
We have a very flat team structure, and offer a unique opportunity for technical leaders who want to work closely with the business in defining, designing, building and operating products that are in the early stage of fast expansion.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.