Amazon delights millions of customers around the world. Meet the behind the scenes team that enables our Human Resource and Operations Leaders to make informed decisions. The Amazon PeopleInsight team builds reporting and analytics tools for our teams that fulfill customer promise every day. Whether it is Fulfillment Center team that delivers your Prime order in two days, our Amazon Locker team that lets you pick up your package anytime that is convenient for you, our Prime Now team getting you lunch in under an hour, or one of many more, the PeopleInsight group is there providing people metrics along the employee lifecycle for our global operations businesses. The PeopleInsight team is a collaborative group of Business Analysts, Business Intelligence Engineers, Data Engineers, Software Development Engineers, Support Engineers, Data Scientists, Economists, Product Managers, and Program Managers that studies a workforce numbering in the hundreds of thousands. Our work is dedicated to empowering leaders and enabling action through data and science. In addition to standard reporting, we leverage analytics to help our leaders focus their efforts in ways that will engage, retain and grow their associates to propel the business forward.
We are now recruiting for an exceptional Sr. Data Engineer, Global Ops HR
The ideal candidate will be:
* A Well-Rounded Athlete -Like a true athlete, you understand that we succeed or fail as a team. You are always ready to step up beyond your core responsibilities and go the extra mile for the project and your team. You nimbly overcome barriers to deliver the best products more quickly than expected.
* A Perpetual Student - You seek knowledge and insight. You challenge yourself to turn moments into master's classes. Whether closing a gap, developing a new skill, or staying ahead of your industry, you revel in the joy of learning and growing.
* A Skilled Communicator - You excel when interacting with business and technical partners whether you are chatting, sending a written message, or conducting a presentation.
* A Trusted Advisor - You work closely with stakeholders to define key business needs and deliver on commitments. You enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
* An Inventor at Heart - You innovate on behalf of your customer by proactively implementing improvements, enhancements, and customizations. Your customers marvel at your creative solutions to challenges they had not yet identified.
* A Fearless Explorer - You are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity, and battle skepticism. You never settle, even in the face of overwhelming obstacles.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will lead the design of an end to end platform which will serve the historical reporting, real-time reporting and predictive analytics needs of the Worldwide Operations HR org. You are the ideal candidate for this role if you are well-versed in multiple DW, reporting and visualization platforms. You will have hands on experience with fast-growing and evolving datasets of petabyte scale. You will understand the challenges of scaling analytical platforms globally, keeping the data security and regulations in mind. You build scalable systems and solutions. You are a team player, skilled at driving consensus through a data-driven approach and mentoring junior team members. You are eager to learn the latest technologies and know when to apply them.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.