Job FamilyData Engineering
Job Description SummaryAt Transamerica, we believe achieving a secure future requires both smart financial planning and a healthy lifestyle. We're using data science, machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing, and IoT to revolutionize the way our customers save, invest, protect, and retire and to help them develop better wellness habits. As part of the Data Engineering team in our Analytics Execution group, you will work with data scientists and analytics engagement managers to develop innovative data-based solutions that transform the way we do business.Job Description
* You have a solid understanding of data engineering, integration, and warehousing concepts and patterns
* You know how to design, build, and maintain batch and streaming data solutions at scale in both on-premises and cloud environments, specifically in the Hadoop ecosystem
* You're proficient with Linux operations and development, including basic commands and shell scripting
* You can demonstrate experience with DevOps methodologies and continuous integration/continuous delivery practices
* You are fluent in Python, R, and Java
* You have excellent command of SQL
* You have a passion for data science and machine learning with a strong desire to develop your analysis and modeling skills
* You have worked with statistical analysis and machine learning libraries
* You have experience with NoSQL database implementations
* You understand the fundamentals of lambda architectures and serverless applications
* You are proficient in Tableau
* You're comfortable leveraging ETL tools, like Informatica
* You are proficient in Scala or Node.js
* You have a master's degree in a quantitative field
* Partner with data scientists, analytics engagement managers, and other data engineers to discover, collect, cleanse, and refine the data needed for analysis and modeling
* Analyze large datasets to extract actionable insights and inform experimental design and model development
* Design robust, reusable and scalable data driven solutions and data pipeline frameworks to automate the ingestion, processing and delivery of both structured and unstructured batch and real-time streaming data
* Build models using basic statistical and machine learning techniques, partnering with data scientists for education and guidance
* Office environment
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It's more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways - throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: email@example.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 ("AODA"). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.