The AWS Capacity Forecasting and Planning team engages with all AWS service teams to build the world's largest Cloud infrastructure. Come make history!
Our team forecasts demand and recommends hardware ordering for the largest AWS service teams. As part of infrastructure and planning, we forecast customer demand, build inventory replenishment systems, and drive utilization improvement for all AWS services.
As a member of the team you will help manage the data inputs and forecast outputs for:
* Enhancing and testing statistical models used to generate forecasts for all AWS services.
* Capacity planning systems that optimize service availability and infrastructure costs.
* World-class forecasting systems that process billions of time series each week.
* Inventory replenishment systems developed for each AWS service.
What you will learn:
* How to incorporate tested research results into modern software systems that improve the way AWS operates.
* Inventory management and supply chain management for the Cloud.
* The internal workings of all AWS services.
* The data that supports growth of the world's largest Cloud, solving challenging problems on a daily basis.
* Leveraging AWS technologies such as Lambda, Glue, and Kinesis to craft ETL solutions.
You will work directly with senior research scientists, a large software development team, and owners of all major AWS services. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, deep knowledge of data engineering principles and business intelligence, as well as a passion for problem-solving. Ideally, you are comfortable with ambiguity and accessing and working with data from multiple sources. You will organize large amounts of data, discover and solve real world problems, and expand our overall metrics infrastructure.
Some of the key responsibilities for this position include:
* Work with managers, software developers, and scientists to design and develop data infrastructure to support the growth of AWS.
* Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into digestible and actionable forms.
* Perform deep-dives to find root causes of variances of key forecasting parameters over a given time period.
* Develop intelligent, insightful self-reporting tools.
Database, SQL, Data, Data Engineer, Forecasting, Statistics, Machine Learning, Optimization, Inventory Management, Supply Chain Management, AWS, Cloud, Cloud Computing, EC2, S3, EBS, DynamoDB, CloudFront, Java, C++, object oriented, Java, distributed systems, high availability, scalability, concurrent
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.