In this role, you will be responsible for supporting multiple applications and data transfers between internal and client facing applications.
The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in a multitude of domains such as:
* 24x7x365 enterprise and cloud database infrastructure design and management
* Database security, business continuity, and disaster recovery
* Database design, development, tuning, and general database administration
* Design, maintenance, and/or administration with Apache Cassandra, including data modeling and CQL scripting.
* Work with DataStax Enterprise Graph, including Gremlin query language.
* Develop data models, and plan and write high performing queries.
* Help analyze data access patterns and identify hotspots and bottlenecks.
* Plan, coordinate, and administer database/DSE systems, including base definition, structure, documentation, requirements, operational guidelines and protection.
* You'll be doing some administrator tasks for Cassandra, including configuration of Cassandra cluster with mutli-data centers.
* Your tasks will also include performance tuning for memory, troubleshooting, and node rebuild/backup
* 5+ years of related experience
* Past DB production support experience is helpful
* Experience supporting mission critical, customer facing applications is required
* Prior experience in the following areas is strongly preferred:
* Adding /removing a datacenter
* Adding/removing nodes.
* Replication, database schema, database administration and handling user/application security (Cassandra is a big plus)
* managing storage capacity of systems
* Experience with AWS and/or Azure is required
* Unix/Shell/Java scripting and DB automation experience is required
* Experience with Microsoft .NET Framework (C#, .NET Core) is a plus.
* Knowledge of both Windows and Linux Operating Systems is a plus
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business processes/functions is helpful
* Strong analytical skills to determine effective approaches to business solutions is important
* Understanding of database best practices and the ability to promote those best practices in the organization is very important
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field is required
About Green Dot
Green Dot Corporation is an issuer of prepaid MasterCard and Visa cards in the United States.