Job Description SummaryAt Transamerica, we are innovating the next generation of data solutions and capabilities to help our customers achieve a lifetime of financial security. As part of the Data Engineering team in our Enterprise Data Services group, you will apply your engineering skills and passion in developing modern architectures to enable our data-driven digital business.Job Description
Data Engineers are responsible for the design, architecture and support of the systems, services and applications required for the collection, storage, processing, and analysis of all forms of data in order to enable data-driven decisions and outcomes within the organization.
* Working collaboratively with other engineers, data scientists, analytics teams, and business product owners in an agile environment: * Architect, build and support the operation of our Cloud and On-Premises enterprise data infrastructure and tools * Design robust, reusable and scalable data driven solutions and data pipeline frameworks to automate the ingestion, processing and delivery of both structured and unstructured batch and real-time streaming data * Build data APIs and data delivery services to support critical operational processes, analytical models and machine learning applications * Assist in selection and integration of data related tools, frameworks and applications required to expand our platform capabilities * Understand and implement best practices in management of enterprise data, including master data, reference data, metadata, data quality and lineage
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. Comp Science, Math, Engineering) or related experience * 2+ years of collective experience in data engineering, data analysis, data warehousing, data integration or business intelligence, in a similarly sized organization * 2+ years of experience architecting, building and administering big data and real-time streaming analytics architectures in both on premises and cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google) leveraging technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, S3, EMR, Aurora, DynamoDB, Redshift, Neptune, Cosmos DB * 1+ years of experience architecting, building and administering large-scale distributed applications * 1+ years of experience with Linux operations and development, including basic commands and shell scripting * 2+ years of experience with execution of DevOps methodologies and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery within a large scale data delivery environment * Software development experience in least two or more of following languages: Java, Python, Scala, Node.js * Expertise in usage of SQL for data profiling, analysis and extraction
* Master's Degree in a technical field (e.g. Comp Science, Math, Engineering) or related experience * 1+ years of experience with advanced analytics and machine learning concepts and technology implementations (Tensorflow, H20) * 2+ years of experience with NoSQL implementations (Mongo, Cassandra, HBase) * 3+ years of experience in implementing serverless architecture leveraging AWS Lambda or similar technology * 1+ years of experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau and PowerBI * Solid understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g. HDFS, MapReduce, HBase, Pig, Scoop, Spark, Hive) * Solid understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g. HDFS, MapReduce, HBase, Pig, Scoop, Spark, Hive) * 2+ years of experience with data warehousing architecture and implementation, including hands on experience developing ETL (Informatica, SSIS, etc.) * Relevant technology or platform certification (AWS Certified, Microsoft Certified)
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies:
* Attention to detail and results oriented, with a strong customer focus * The ability to work within a team environment * Problem-solving and effective technical communication skills * Meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload * Willing to learn and keep pace with the latest advances in the related field (Grasp new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives )
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
* Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration * Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution * Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo * Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer
* Office environment * Due to the nature of the role, work outside of normal business hours may be required as needed * Occasional travel less than 10%
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It's more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways - throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 ("AODA"). Please contact email@example.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.