UL is seeking a Data Engineer to join the iON Compliance team in Chicago, IL.
iON Compliance is a big data platform combining data ingest, analytics, machine learning and elements of artificial intelligence within a data lake. iON is now looking to add a Data Engineer to our team to accelerate the growth of the most innovative UL digital technology investment in its history. Our goal is to enable the UL client base to effectively apply the recent developments in the digital revolution, by giving them the ability to truly leverage their own corpus of data with internal core competences and win in a rapidly evolving digital eco-system.
iON aims to disseminate Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning based cutting edge techniques and solutions to solve challenging and complex industrial problems. Joining the iON UL team gives you the opportunity to:
* Work on disruptive products that are still in its early stages
* Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize text processing and text mining
* Work for a company that's a recognized leader in data engineering and processing
* Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for data engineers with expertise and passion for building large analytical platforms systems.
* Profile and analyze data in designing scalable solutions
* Develop highly scalable and extensible Big Data platforms which enable collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets including those from streaming data
* Leverage technologies such as CosmosDB and Gremlin API / Graph Model to host high speed applications at global scale.
* Analyze, develop, and maintain data pipelines from internal and external sources
* Ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Skills & Qualifications:
* Azure Data Architecture
* Experience with data lakes, MS SQL, Data Bricks
* NoSQL environments such as CosmosDB
* Engineering and/or software development experience and demonstrable architecture experience at enterprise scale
* History of working successfully with cross-functional engineering teams
* Structured, Unstructured, Semi-Structured Data techniques and processes
* Working knowledge of open source Apache products, such as Hadoop
Optional Additional Experience:
* Big Data platforms e.g. Azure DW, SQL PDW, Cloudera, Hortonworks
* Visualization: Qlikview, Tableau, D3.js
* ETL tools such as Microsoft SSIS, Azure Data Factory, Pentaho PDI or Talend or Informatica
* Continuous delivery and deployment using Agile Methodologies.
* Data Warehouse and DataMart design and implementation
* NoSQL environments such as MongoDB, Cassandra
* Data modeling of relational and dimensional databases
* Architect/design data management processes and capabilities (e.g governance, archiving, metadata, master data mgmt., data modeling, data quality)
* A nice to have would be knowledge of ML / AI environments and challenges - particularly as it relates to data management
Experience & Education Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
* 3+ years' experience with data and cloud technologies