The Data Engineer contributes to a critical, highly visible, agile, and high-impact team that pushes the envelope of artificial intelligence and large scale data processing, working to solve long-standing problems in the computer security space, for the BlackBerry Cylance cybersecurity platform and products. We are looking for an experienced data engineer who can work with our team members to create data processing mechanisms and pipelines capable of handling data up to petabyte scales.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Understand tradeoffs involved during at-scale data processing between speed, CPU load, reliability, data access speed, ease of use and other factors * Skilled troubleshooter who perseveres at tackling problems wherever they arise * Develop ETL pipelines and related infrastructure to invest, analyze, and take automated action across feeds of high volume data. * Identify patterns and trends from large, high-dimensional data sets; manipulates data into digestible and actionable reports or formats for researchers. * Collaborates with the internal product and engineering teams to further the development of new products. * Utilize excellent written and oral communication skills to convey technical challenges and solutions to both peers and managers * Mentors team members occasionally, as needed. * Stays up-to-date with modern data engineering tools and quickly learn new tools as needed. * Protects Cylance operations by keeping information confidential. * Performs other duties as assigned.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Eight years minimum related experience in computer science, mathematics, physics, machine learning, or other related field. * Experience building end to end data ETL pipelines for high-volume data * Bachelor's level in related field; Master's degree or PhD can be substituted for equivalent years of experience.
This position will utilize one or more of the following critical skills to complete tasks:
* Spark (Scala/Java) - Both ability to programming and understanding of system tuning and configuration * Python * Applied Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS); cloud architectures
ABOVE AND BEYOND
* Experience with and application of automated deployment using systems such as terraform, salt and ansible. * Experience with Dev Ops related topics such as cloud credential management, role-based access * Experience developing reliable large scale data processing and analytical pipelines. * Understanding of fundamental machine learning concepts such as logistic regression, data normalization, clustering, model overfitting * Familiarity with various coding languages including Scala, Java, C#, and .NET framework. * Experience with Docker, Jenkins, and Python packaging
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU TO APPLY
* Current resume * Cover letter/summary expressing: * Why you are interested in working at Blackberry Cylance * The skills, strengths and expertise you will contribute to our diverse team of extraordinary talent and humble hearts
Job Family Group Name:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.