Sports matter because they inspire leadership, teamwork, commitment, and confidence-critical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, and volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those tireless heroes and make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger is a technology company providing team management, scorekeeping, and live fan experiences that keep athletes connected with the team community. With GameChanger, coaches and parents can organize and follow their athlete's journey in a simple and powerful way.
We're headquartered in downtown Manhattan and are proud to be part of the DICK'S Sporting Goods family.
As a Data Engineer you will work together in a cross-disciplinary team of Data Scientists, Production Engineers, and Data Engineers to evolve our data pipeline to be more resilient, extensible, and maintainable. You will also design and extend data models for a normalized data warehouse with terabytes of data to be turned into sports and customer insights. Our solutions benefit everyone including Product Managers, Developers, Data Scientists, Marketing, Executives, Coaches, Players, and Parents.
* Partner with the data science team to provide the data and tools they need to solve complex problems
* Collaborate across the engineering organization to develop database designs and queries
* Work with product teams to get feature data emitted into the data pipeline, and engage with them to leverage insights to inform their roadmap
* Identify improvements in the flow of our data
* Evaluate new technologies (both self-managed and services) for moving, transforming, modeling, and storing data and make recommendations
* Improve ETL efficiency
* Work with Engineers in other parts of DICK'S Sporting Goods to design data flows across businesses
* Design tools for compliance with data protection laws
What we're looking for:
* Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computer science or a related field
* Software development experience, preferably as a data or backend engineer
* Experience with Scala, Python, or Typescript
* Familiarity with Apache Kafka
* Comfort and excitement working across multiple languages, databases, paradigms, etc
* Eagerness to learn about a range of technologies.Our teams use a variety of languages, databases, and technologies to accomplish their objectives, so we're always learning and sharing
* Be part of a diverse team of genuinely kind and interesting individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers.
* Benefits include medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, and coverage for family/dependents.
* Generous maternity / paternity leave policy
* Well-furnished, modern office
* Commuter Benefits
* Endless supply of snacks and drinks
* Learning tools including Safari Books Online, opportunities to join clubs, hack days, and conferences
* Organized lunches, happy hours, and team outings
At GameChanger we are…
* We put our customers first, always asking, "Will this enhance their youth sports experience?"
* We deeply understand our customers and work hard to anticipate their needs.
* We celebrate and support our customers' contributions to their communities.
* We listen actively, seeking to understand others before making ourselves heard.
* We challenge each other directly while caring about each other personally.
* We do unglamorous work in service of the team.
* We set aggressive goals designed to drive meaningful change.
* We are eager teachers and curious students who invest in learning.
* We are resilient, thriving in change and adversity.
* We value creative ideas and productivity over seniority and hours worked.
* We entrust decisions to those best positioned to make them.