The mission of the CSE (Commercial Software Engineering) team is to enable high impact organizations to achieve more and drive the value of our cloud. How do we do it? We are an industry-leading software engineering team who codes with partners and customers every day. We accelerate platform adoption and serve as trusted technical experts by coding side by side with other dev teams.
The CSE tools development team is a highly collaborative and agile team that builds applications and reporting which enable CSE to track engagements with Microsoft's top customers and partners.
We are hiring a Data Engineer with a combination of programming and data skills to lead the evolution and development of our internal tools, reporting and analytics infrastructure. This position is a technical role with operational accountability.
Key Skills, Experiences and Education Required:
* BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or Data Science.
* 5 Years' Experience developing with cloud-based technologies, including relational databases, data warehouse, big data (i.e. Hadoop, Spark), orchestration/data pipeline tools.
* Experience with SQL Server and T-SQL development preferred
* Experience with Agile software development using the scrum methodology.
* Experience in modern DevOps practices (including Git, CI/CD)
* Strong business acumen and adaptability to partner with the CSE LT on innovative solutions to constantly changing business requirements
* Fluency in English and demonstrated ability to communicate concisely and effectively with other executives, employees, partners, and communities.
* 25% travel, incl. International.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role, you would be responsible for:
* Working with the CSE leadership team and a v-team of FTEs and vendors to lead the development of our data pipeline and reporting infrastructure. This work includes data extraction & loading based on Azure Data Factory, our data warehouse, and our tabular model which supports a diverse set of reporting needs across the CSE organizations
* Making the CSE team a showcase for how to use Microsoft cloud services to make smarter decisions, allocate resources, track results, and generally run a lean, agile business with minimal overhead
* Using Microsoft's latest software and services and/or 3rd party or open source software as appropriate to drive operational excellence on a fast-growing, highly technical team
* Contribute to the evolution of a toolset that we use to run CSE which spans Azure DevOps (VSTS) as a data store, a custom front-end application, a mobile application and a reporting infrastructure based on Azure Data Factory and Azure Analytics
* Quickly onboarding new teams, initiatives and applications to support a rapidly changing and growing business
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.