Amazon is looking for experienced Data Engineers for a technology team within AWS Translate. We are looking for creative engineers to help design and develop systems that can collect and process data at web scale; create text & data derivatives, and develop novel algorithms that use these derivatives to improve access to and retrieval of these derivatives in the context of AWS Translate user experiences and other Amazon services.
As a Data Engineer, you will build data pipelines, tools, and reports that enable analysts, knowledge engineers, software engineers, product managers, and executives improve Alexa's answering capabilities across multiple information verticals: Sports, Business, History, Science, etc. In this highly visible role, you will work across teams to gather requirements for data logging, storing, transforming, and reporting, and will build scalable solutions under fast-paced environment.
You love building tools and data pipelines, can create clear and effective reports and data visualizations, and can partner with stakeholders to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
* · Design, implement, and automate deployment of our distributed system for collecting and processing log events from multiple sources
* · Design data schema and operate internal data warehouses and SQL/NoSQL database systems
* · Write Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) jobs and Spark/Hadoop jobs to calculate business metrics
* · Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
* · Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines
* · Drive architectural plans and implementation for future data storage, reporting, and analytic solutions
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.