Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
MS Investment Management Technology
Morgan Stanley Investment Management Technology (IMIT) exclusively partners with the Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM) business division to design and develop systems and integrate vendor products to globally support full life cycle business processing. Activities include Portfolio Analysis, Risk, Trading, Operations, and Sales & Marketing. Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM) Technology also provides holistic support and quality assurance across the suite of applications used in the MSIM environment.
The IMIT Sales Technology team owns Sales & Distribution technology platform. The team is responsible for defining technology strategy in-line with business goals and providing solutions in a very dynamic environment. Sales Platform is a distributed system with several integrated components, providing customized CRM functionality, data/process integration with firm systems, business intelligence through Reporting & Analytics and data driven Marketing & Lead Generation.
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our team with growing requirement of data & analytics. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture to provide a strong base for our data analysts and scientists on a vast range of analytics / machine-learning projects. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple systems / projects. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of contributing to our division's data strategy and implementation of data-science platform to support our next generation of data analytics initiatives.
* Manage our Data Lake setup
* Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture for extraction, transformation, and distribution of data from a wide variety of data sources
* Identify, design, and implement improvements / automations for optimizing data processing, storage and availability, while maintaining scalability, etc.
* Create / maintain data access tools for analytics / data scientist team members allowing them to efficiently & continuously consume data. Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline.
* Advanced working knowledge and experience with Relational databases in designing schema, query authoring (SQL) and performance optimization.
* Working knowledge of NoSQL databases and applicability to business solutions
* Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data data stores.
* Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
* A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
* Strong project management and organizational skills.
* Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
* We are looking for a candidate with 5 years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
* Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Pytho (NumPy, Pandas), Java, C , Scala, etc.
* Experience with Relational database systems like Sybase, SQL Server, Postgres, etc.
* Experience with NoSQL databases like HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
* Experience with Big Data tools: Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Hue, etc.
* Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
* Working knowledge of integrating visualization tools like Tableau, QlikView, etc. is a major plus
* Experience with data-science tools / workbench like Dataiku, Jupyter, Rapid Miner, etc. is a plus
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.