Alliance Data Systems
Do you want to work in a fun, smart, and energetic environment where you will be challenged, rewarded AND inspired? Come work with top performers at CJ Affiliate to make a real difference in how top brands run their businesses. We are the world's leading affiliate marketing network - we transform digital marketing with the help of big data and business intelligence. We help advertisers drive more sales and expand their reach … and we want to hear from you!
The Data Engineer is responsible for maintaining the data infrastructure at CJ. We engineer solutions to give our data analysts and data scientists the right tools to make great things. We get our hands dirty with lots of technologies, including Kafka, Spark, Hadoop/HDFS, Zookeeper, Oracle, AWS, and more.
* Create software to drive the organization towards our goal of streaming-first architecture.
* Maintain all facets of data infrastructure, including software development, deployment, configuration, security best practices, backups/disaster recovery, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
* Collaborate with end-users and other engineering squads to ensure optimal data shapes for system requirements, maintainable software, and usability within our data lake.
* Develop data pipeline solutions, ETL jobs, and reporting jobs and be a subject-matter expert for others doing the same.
Participate in the on-call support rotation for maintaining our production systems.
* 2 years of experience developing applications in a general-purpose programming language (Java, Scala, Clojure, C#, Python, C/C , Ruby, etc.).
* Solid computer science fundamentals such as data structures, software design, data warehousing concepts.
* Commitment to automate everything: build, test, deploy.
* Practical fluency in SQL.
* Working knowledge of Unix/Linux.
* Proficiency in shell scripting.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
* 2 years of experience in software engineering in a big data environment.
* Experience with JVM languages (Java, Scala, Kotlin, Clojure) and the JVM ecosystem (maven, sbt, build/test suites, etc.).
* Experience writing and tuning Spark jobs.
* Database administration experience with one of the major RDBMS platforms (Oracle, Sql Server, MySQL, Postgres).
* Experience with MPP and/or distributed systems.
* Experience with AWS.
* Experience with Agile software development.
Why CJ Affiliate?
We're a great place to work! CJ Affiliate offers ideal career development and growth opportunities where you will hone skills in strategic planning and execution, as well as enhance your negotiation and presentation skills. You will develop partnerships and motivate affiliates, learn technical skills applicable to digital marketing and nearly every other industry, and so much more. CJ Affiliate is a leader because our teams have advanced tools, present creative solutions, execute strategically, and drive high performance.
We offer many of the typical benefits like health and dental insurance but we also offer many other great perks like flexible time off, fun activities in our offices, competitive compensation, just to name a few. Our benefits are designed to take care of the whole you and keep you healthy, whether physically, emotionally, financially or socially.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
About Alliance Data Systems
Alliance Data Systems provides marketing, loyalty, and credit solutions.