Choice Hotels leverages cutting edge technology to welcome every guest, every partner, everywhere their journey takes them. We use technology to streamline the interaction with our guests, partners, and franchises. Data Engineering is a critical element in achieving greater efficiency, scale, and innovation of Choice Hotels' business application portfolio - now and into the future.
As a Data Engineer 2 you will work on moderately complex assignments that have a direct impact on the department and ultimately analytics within the Business Intelligence Team and the enterprise. Assignments are diverse and decisions may require the use of multiple technologies in support of enterprise analytics initiatives. You will leverage your proven experience and solid judgement as you develop code for a broad array for moderately scoped data engineering projects that impact our data operations, metrics and solutions we deploy to the business.
This role requires attention to detail, strong data engineering skills and a demonstrated willingness to learn new approaches and technologies that the team can leverage to deliver data and analytics to the enterprise. This role requires the data engineer to be proficient in a broad array of tools including, but not limited to: Java, Scala, Python, Impala, AWS, Redshift, SQL, SQL Server, SSRS, Unix, Unix scripting.
In this individual contributor role, the Data Engineer 2 helps execute the strategy for business intelligence, data development and data visualization under moderate direction from management and in alignment with Choice business strategy and the department's objectives.
Your core responsibilities will include:
* big data development using Java, Spark, SQL, Impala, AWS, Redshift, SSRS, Python, Unix and Unix scripting and related technologies
* application development projects
* development of leading-edge/future technology solutions
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, from a four-year college or university. Relevant industry/technology/application certification is preferred
* 3+ years specific industry or functional experience
* 2+ years relevant experience in business intelligence, data development or equivalent technical environment
* Unix / Unix scripting
* knowledge of database management system technologies and tools such as Syncsort DMX, Informatica, Data Stage, Business Objects
* core Java development and working with large data volumes preferred
* experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS and/or Redshift preferred
* experience with big data technologies such as Cloudera and/or Spark preferred
* moderate to advanced level of proficiency with:
* SQL, SSRS, SSIS
* data development, data management against big data
* data warehousing concepts and database technologies
Ability to model Choice's Cultural Values: Welcome and Respect Everyone, Be Bold, Be Quick, Listen, Be Curious and Show Integrity.