* Planning, building and running enterprise class information management solutions across a variety of technologies (e.g. big data, master data, data profiling, batch processing, and data indexing technologies, )
* Establishing advance search solutions that include synonym, inference and faceted searching
* Ensuring appropriate security and compliance policies are followed for information access and dissemination
* Defining and applying information quality and consistency business rules throughout the data processing lifecycle
* Collaborating with information providers to ensure quality data updates are processed in a timely fashion
* Enforcing and expanding use of AbbVie Common Data Model and industry standard information descriptions (ontologies, taxonomies, vocabularies, lexicons, dictionaries, thesaurasus, glossaries etc…)
* Managing the information portal and its customer-facing resources (data catalog, data portal, etc…)
* Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of related work experience and a strong understanding of specified functional area. Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred. Advanced degree preferred.
* At least 10 years experience in a several data processing roles such as database developer/administrator, ETL developer, data analyst, BI analytics developer, and/or solution developer of contextual search applications
* Experience with Informatics tools (Power Center, Big Data Management, Master Data Management), Cloudera CDH and ecosystem tools (SOLR, Spark, Impala, Hive, Hue, etc…), MarkLogic, SAS Analytics, python, R and Amazon Web Services preferred.
* AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
* Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
* Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
* Job Type: Experienced
* Schedule: Full-time
AbbVie is a pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and markets both biopharmaceuticals and small molecule drugs.