As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
I. POSITION SUMMARY
The Developer Consultant will play a key delivery role for VOYA Financial, focusing on a portfolio of programs or large projects as well as the line-of-business (LOB) or business unit (BU) applications. As a senior member of the group, you will be responsible for working with Product Managers and other leaders building scalable data visualizations in Tableau, Business Objects, AtScale and other BI technologies, and performing ad-hoc analysis. This Developer consultant will consult/analyze and deliver on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of business intelligence development responsibility. S/he will be responsible for analyzing business intelligence (BI) and reporting requirements, developing value-added BI solutions, quality assurance, and providing SME support to internal clients. S/he will deliver more complex BI solutions following the development life cycle process. S/he will provide data analysis review of data to identify behavioral data and patterns.
II. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
* Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
* Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
* Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
* Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
* Define, design and develop dashboards, scorecards and interactive reports.
* Analyzes increasingly complex systems specifications of existing programs to determine requirements.
* Documents increasingly complex programs and procedures.
* Provides data analysis on data to identify trends and patterns within the business areas.
* Analyzes data for forecasting and predictive analysis.
* Provides input and validates increasingly complex project plans, test plans and implementation plans.
* Tests increasingly complex program changes thoroughly to ensure accuracy.
* Partners with internal stakeholders to ensure that solutions are designed, developed and implemented from a business point of view.
* Consults and/or participates in the requirements, design and coding walkthroughs to ensure the development of quality solutions.
* Proactively identifies problems and presents/develops solutions
* Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and management.
* Seek ways to apply new technology to, and reuse existing technology for, business processes. Research and provide information on technical trends and competitors' practices relevant to assigned line-of-business (LOB) or business unit (BU) partners
* Assess near-term needs, using structured interview processes, to establish business priorities. Consult with technical subject matter experts, and develop alternative technical solutions. Advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
* Work with other IT functional areas to remain apprised of program and large project status, and inform line-of-business (LOB) or business unit (BU partner management of progress. Conversely, keep IT's technology and service managers aware of key line-of-business (LOB) or business unit (BU) partner issues, identifying and resolving potential problems and conflicts.
III. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering, Business and Data Analytics.
* 5+ Years' experience in BI development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
* 5+ Years' experience in data analytics that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
* Possesses advanced application of SQL queries and packages
* Experience with Tableau, OLAP technologies, AtScale, Business Objects and other BI solutions required
* A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
* Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
* Drives performance targets to completion
* Sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers
* Practical ability to communicate, influence and persuade - business and IT leaders as well as peers.
* Use the language of business leaders and join the conversation that's taking place.
* Expert level ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
* Expert level ability to establish and maintain a high-level of business partner trust and confidence.
* Team player, facilitator and works well with others.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
* Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
* Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
* Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
* Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
* Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.