What you'll be doing...
Perform the duties of an Enterprise Data Steward. This includes:
* Work with the Business Units and other Data Stewards to maximize enterprise-wide data integrity, quality and usage of FP&A-owned data in assigned financial platforms.
* Work closely with Business Data Stewards, Finance Data Governance Office, Business Stakeholders and IT to ensure compliance with business policies & rules for assigned area within FP&A domain.
* Advance the adoption of data standards and agreed upon data management processes.
* Identify business processes and systems improvements in collaboration with Corporate, Business Unit and/or FP&A Center of Excellence teams.
* Participate in documentation of business, functional, and data requirements. Support development of final work plan for the implementation of process and system improvements.
* Support development of all training materials associated with of implemented processes, systems and/or tools for the customer(s). Assist with executing training sessions for the customer(s) on the utilization of newly implemented processes, systems and/or tools.
* Support development of all testing materials (e.g. test plan, test cases, test scripts, etc.) associated with of implemented processes, systems and/or tools for the customer(s). Support testing of business requirements with business users of functional requirements (i.e. user acceptance Testing, regression testing) and collaborate with Corporate Systems Group (CSG) to resolve discrepancies.
* Support Facilitate post-mortem assessment to drive continuous improvement and incorporate results into Data Stewardship Business Process and System Improvement best practices.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with FP&A business practices.
Even better if you have:
* A degree with concentration in general Accounting, Finance, FP&A, IT, Project Management or relevant.
* Knowledge in SAP/PeopleSoft ERP and/or usage of Oracle DRM, Collibra, Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
* Knowledge of data management fundamentals (data profiling, improvement, accuracy, completeness, data integrity, data stewardship, and data governance).
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
* Knowledge of process and business systems improvements and implementation.
* Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (verbal & written).
* Motivated, self-starter and highly collaborative.
* Certifications: Six Sigma, CDMP, and/or PMP, or in the process of achieving certification.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.