This is an individual contributor position within the Digital and Data Strategy Department reporting to the Data Governance Lead. The role is to support the Data Classification Program and work related to the identification, classification and ownership of corporate assets.
This position will also be responsible for participating in risk assessment activities across the bank to determine criticality of new and existing systems and applications, and determine level of controls necessary to identify, classify, protect and monitor the various types of data present in the Investors Bank environment to prevent unauthorized exposure.
Assessing, recommending, and implementing continuous process improvement programs for security, data classification is also critically important.
* Assist with maturing the Data Governance/ Data Classification Program which includes defining a Data Classification and Sensitive Data Handling Program, identifying Data Owners, and assisting with design and implementation of a Data Classification and Rights Management tool such as Varonis. Collaborate with business and stakeholders to identify, define, implement and maintain sensitive and business critical data in accordance with regulatory, contractual, business requirements and data classification standards.
* Plan, develop, implement and report of procedures for the current data classification monitoring and metrics program leveraging CIMCON discovery and analytics tool (Risk-XL and SOX-XL) or equivalent technology for End User Computing Controls.
* Assist with developing and publishing data classification reports and updates to bank-wide employees.
* Revise the data shared across the bank and capture how it flows among the systems and business until.
* Work with the LOB Managers to refresh and conduct periodic data inventory of application residing on the bank's network.
Develop tactical relationships with external vendors.
* Possess a minimum of 3-5 years of progressive and current experience in Financial Services, especially in the Technology area. A Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
* The ideal candidate would have experience in various internal systems, processes, and organizational structure at Investors Bank.
* Experience with data classification guidelines and data life cycle process.
* Working knowledge to support large scale projects such as conversions of data and integration of Systems processes.
* Experience with concepts of data integrity, privacy, and security of directory services, understanding of general network components, concepts, and n-tiered architectures.
* Hands-on experience to respond to internal audit findings by researching solutions and recommending process improvements.
* Experience in documenting standard operating procedures and working with senior management to gain acceptance.
* Demonstrated communication skills with the ability to build relationship with business and stakeholders to get results.
* Experience in governance frameworks including: ISO27001, NIST, COBIT.
* Experience with Data Classification concepts and products such as Varonis and Titus.
* Experience is End User Computing Tools such as CIMCON or equivalent technology preferred.
* Knowledge in regulations such as Sarbanes Oxley, GLBA, SOC/SSAE16 preferred.
* Experience using Microsoft Office Products such as Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
* Professional Certification such as CISSP, CISA, CISM or CRISC is a plus. Project Management experience Desired.
About Investors Bancorp
Investors Bancorp is a holding company for Investors Bank.