Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at Conduent.com.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today. After applying, please check your email (including spam folder) for updates on this position.
Conduent is seeking a Data Center Engineering Technician. The person in this role might work four 10-hour shifts. Possibility for second and third shift work, as well as weekend work.
The person in this role will be responsible for:
* Person in this role is expected to rigorously follow accepted Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Client's Data Center Standards and Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
* Point-in-time accuracy of all DC Assets, and asset tracking.
* Work in partnership within Facility team to coordinate preventative maintenance on owned systems which support the data center.
* Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, corporate policies and procedures including Information Protection (IP) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance, ISO, PCI, PHI, and NIST.
Day to day responsibilities include:
* Monitoring Ticketing system and completing requests within prescribed SLA.
* Installing hardware, servers, network equipment, building up server racks.
* Coordination for installing electrical power distribution unit.
* Installing components and side servers (memory swaps), and troubleshooting network.
* Requires a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role. Strong preference for 5 years experience.
* Proficient in MS Office products.
* IT Troubleshooting,
* Familiarity with servers - Virtual, blade and physical (VM Ware, Cisco UCS, HP 3Par).
* Familiarity with network principles (Cisco).
* Enterprise Data Center Experience is required.
* Communication skills are very important as this individual will communicate by email, phone, and instant messaging.
* Must be currently eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
* Must consent to and successfully clear all required pre-employment screenings.
* Experience in HP 3Par, Cisco UCS Blade Servers, EMC Storage is preferred.
* Experience in Cisco networks preferred.
* Knowledge in data center information management and experience in an inventory management system are strongly preferred.
* Troubleshooting knowledge and background in hardware overall preferred.
Location: This position is located onsite in East Windsor, NJ. No relocation assistance is provided. Possibility for shift work that may include second and/or third shift, weekend work, and/or four 10-hour shifts.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
Conduent is a provider of diversified business process services with capabilities in digital processing, automation, and analytics.