Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world's leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Data Center Technician provides an overall focus on positive pro-active end-user customer service through phone, email, face-to-face, and our internal case management systems. Monitors all business-critical systems and escalates issues accordingly. Maintains accurate chain-of-custody logs of incoming and outgoing customer packages and ensures facility cleanliness. As a member of the Operations Team, the technician is expected to handle trouble tickets and remote hands requests from inception through resolution. Technicians are tasked with the installation of a variety of circuits, including Ethernet, Sonet and Dark Fiber. Operations Technicians also monitor all business-critical systems (BMS, Security) and drive both internal and customer compliance to the company's security standards.
* Create and maintain effective customer relationships, with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal.
* Answering customer phone calls and emails from clients requesting technical assistance.
* Resolve tickets as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
* Meet pre-defined installation intervals for risers and interconnects.
* Accurately capture time invested on tasks (installs, outages, remote hands, etc.)
* Troubleshooting complex technical issues in a fast-paced data center environment.
* Perform computer/server hardware and software support.
* Work through colocation and ISP customer issues and escalate to on-call or engineering support staff as necessary.
* Perform physical security walkthroughs, administration of security sign-in procedures for all colocation customers, visitors, third parties and escorting them to designated work location.
* Monitor, resolve, and escalate issues within critical facilities infrastructure.
* Handle all customer and internal shipping logs and maintaining facility cleanliness.
* Maintain a working knowledge of all products, processes and systems.
* Candidate will be added to the Market's on-call rotation, based on Market needs.
* Adherence and enforcement of established company security standards.
* High school diploma required.
* Previous NOC/SOC/IOC experience and/or data center experience preferred.
* College degree in related discipline preferred.
* Responsibility and dependability are a must.
* Candidates must have reliable transportation.
* Trustworthy and ability to work honestly with little or no supervision, if necessary.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge and skills immediately.
* Ability to assess situations and escalate properly, following internal procedures.
* Knowledge of Windows operating systems both pc and server side.
* Familiarity with basic hardware troubleshooting tasks, replacing hard drives, memory and motherboards a plus.
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
* Some familiarity with DS1, DS3, Ethernet and dark fiber circuits are a plus.
* Must have ability to install and neatly manage copper, coaxial, Cat5/6, fiber and other network cable/connector types
* Knowledge of switches, firewalls and managed storage are a plus.
* This position requires the applicant to be able to work any of the shifts as part of a 24×7 coverage rotation. (May be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays as shift rotations require).
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
* Fitness membership discounts
* Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave