Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Data Center Site Lead
Req #: 190039581
Location: Carlstadt, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
Data Center Site Lead, Vice President
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
As an experienced Technology Operations professional, your vision and initiative will drive the development of a world-class technology strategy. Leading a high performing team of creative problem solvers, you'll spearhead tactical changes that enhance processes and productivity across the firm, overseeing the optimization of existing technology solutions while developing new capabilities. Using industry best practices, you'll assess management teams and identify new business opportunities, while ensuring that information controls, plus back-up and recovery strategies, are in place across all environments. Your feedback will foster the ongoing skill development and capabilities of top performers to optimize outcomes. In addition to facilitating collaboration across teams internally, you'll also cultivate meaningful relationships with our global clients and business partners to deliver on strategic priorities.
As a Data Center Technology Operations Manager (Vice President), your mission is to manage the day-to-day 24x7 operations team supporting the data center environment. Duties include providing operational oversight to the technology engineers, resource management by ensuring proper shift coverage, enabling development and coaching for team resources. You will handle escalations from the operations team during your scheduled shift and act as the primary point of contact for operations related communications to other teams and senior leaders across the firm. This role is a shared responsibility with other operations managers that will provide coverage 24x7 to the Data Center environment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of performance metrics and reporting, technical problem resolution and risk management
* Experience gathering and analyzing data to effect meaningful change in areas that need improvement
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* Exceptional coaching abilities that foster top talent and promote a culture of excellence
* Ability to communicate and drive the strategic direction of the firm, delivering technology solutions that meet internal and external needs
* Expertise prioritizing customer experience, reviewing feedback, hosting customer forums and focus groups to proactively address the needs of the customer.
* Drives performance and develops teams - recruit diverse talent, run disciplined performance reviews and regularly collaborate and check-in on priorities to help focus on key results
* Effectively collaborate with peer group to identify and highlight best practices in support through continuous assessment, and elevating process and product recommendations to senior managers.
* Provide a stable and resilient operating environment. Emphasis shall be applied towards maximizing the potential of all available resources, expanding the capabilities and productivity of technical staff, and continuing to improve upon past performance. Proactively identify gaps in process, and offer ideas for improvement in areas that require remediation or enhancement.
* Proven track record of leadership roles in 24x7 operational support teams
* Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructure (compute, network, storage)
* Experience supporting enterprise-class hardware deployments
* Understanding of network concepts (switching, routing, perimeter security)
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.