Requisition ID: 146536
Job Category: IT
Location: United States-Texas-Carrollton-1649 Frankford Road West 75007
Posted Date: 5/22/2019 10:00:32 AM
GET TO KNOW ALORICA
At Alorica, we only do one thing - make lives better, one interaction at a time. We're a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world's biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
* Responsible for directing and supporting the coordination and implementation of new and existing data centers including installing, upgrading and maintenance of hardware and equipment at assigned data centers
* Provide on-site information to support the design and performance of the data center.
* Monitor, respond to and resolve both basic and complex equipment issues.
* Implement emergency/disaster recovery plan as directed.
* Responsible to train new members of the Data Center support team and provide direction and oversight to junior members of the team.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Coordination and implementation of new and existing data centers including installing, upgrading and maintenance of hardware and equipment at assigned data centers
* Partner with off-site staff (e.g., Engineers, IT department staff, etc.) to provide on-site information to answer questions and assist with equipment installation, upgrading, cabling or technical maintenance, and to resolve issues at the site.
* Partner with Facilities staff to provide IT power requirements and requests in the assigned data centers.
* Provide a variety of information such as measurements, status of equipment, placement of telecom and computer cables, as requested, to support the design and performance of the data center.
* Recommend and implement performance improvement initiatives.
* Respond to both basic and complex equipment issues with a sense of urgency, escalating to supervisor those issues outside of employee's control.
* Provide tape backup support for the tape library systems in the assigned data centers.
* Report on floor plans which annotate location of equipment, cabling, connection points, and capacities for power and air conditioning equipment ensuring to adhere to departmental standards.
* Handle shipping/receiving and storage of all IT equipment in the assigned data centers.
Emergency/Disaster Recovery Plan -
* Verify components of the emergency power back-up systems are in place and working
* Implement emergency/disaster recovery plan as directed
* Recommend and implement DR improvement initiatives.
* Respond to scheduled and unscheduled outages in a timely manner ensuring adherence to departmental procedures and standards escalating to supervisor any issue outside employee control
Project Assistance - Participate and lead in the activities associated with a variety of departmental projects ensuring established timelines are met
* Prepare reports, material and documentation as requested
* Update project plan as required
* Create and maintain organized project files
* Provide project lead with status reports throughout assigned projects detailing project status and timeline
* Recommend and implement project improvement initiatives
Team Interfaces/Customer Service - Establish and maintain a professional relationship with internal/external customers, team members and department contacts.
* Cooperate with team members to meet goals or complete tasks.
* Provide direction, training, and guidance to junior members of the data center team
* Provide quality customer service that exceeds customer expectations and improves level of data center service being provided - Passion, Performance, Possibilities.
* Treat all internal/external customers, team members and department contacts with dignity/respect - Making Lives Better... One Interaction at a Time.
* Appropriate manage escalations from other data center team members that could adversely impact the data center services being provided.
* Escalate to supervisor any situation outside the employee's control that could adversely impact the data center services being provided.
Minimum Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma or GED
* Minimum 5 years experience in computer operations, telecommunications, desktop/PC support or related field required
* Minimum 5 years Data Center or Telco/IDC Environment preferred
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.