Data Center Operations Engineer II
Req #: 190020612
Location: Carlstadt, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
As a Data Center Operations Engineer II (Associate), your mission is to support the day-to-day technology operations of JPMorgan Chase mission critical data centers. The purpose of this role is to maintain operational stability and handle customer requests while working on shifts to support the 24x7 operation. You will be responsible for installing and configuring enterprise class technology hardware, troubleshooting hardware and network issues, maintain change control process in the data center, and support 3rd party vendor activities. This position is full-time, working with team members on a rotating shift providing coverage during daytime, overnight, weekend and holiday hours.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Working knowledge of a physical IT infrastructure (server, networking, storage)
* Experience with ITIL control processes
* Experience supporting enterprise-class hardware deployments
* Experience with physical layer infrastructure and testing tools (racking, cabling)
* Understanding of network concepts (switching, routing, perimeter security)
* Familiarity with infrastructure applications (DNS, Active Directory)
* Understanding of operating systems (Windows, Linux, AIX)
* Understanding of data center concepts (Space, Power, Cooling)
* Understanding of media management (Tape, Hard Drives)
* Efficiently problem solve issues in a complex environment
* A mindset that challenges rather than simply understands and accepts
* Passionate about technology, innovation and continuous learning
* Ability to integrate well into a team, connect and collaborate effectively with the wider organization
* Being obsessed about our customers' experience
* Flexibility to work non-business hours that may include weekends and/or holidays
* Ability to support frequent standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50lbs
* Willingness for occasional travel between sites within the metro area
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.