JP Morgan Chase
Data Center Operations Engineer I
Req #: 190044051
Location: Totowa, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
Launch your career in Technology Operations and put your creative problem solving into action, delivering solutions that shape the future of global business. You'll work directly with clients to Build strong customer relationships and problem-solve technical issues to make businesses more productive. Alongside a motivated team of fellow analysts, supervisors and stakeholders, you'll develop innovative solutions to troubleshoot and resolve issues while accurately diagnosing problems and providing effective user support. Finally, your strong technology background will ensure that the security and standards of our commitment to excellence are met. And because professional development is a key component of our culture, you'll receive coaching, mentoring - and a host of other development opportunities - alongside your invaluable on-the-job experience.
As a Data Center Operations Engineer I, your mission is to support the day-to-day technology operations of JPMorgan Chase mission critical data centers. The purpose of this role is to maintain operational stability and handle customer requests while working on shifts to support the 24x7 operation. You will be responsible for installing and configuring enterprise class technology hardware, troubleshooting hardware and network issues, maintain change control process in the data center, and support 3rd party vendor activities. This position is full-time, working with team members on a rotating shift providing coverage during daytime, overnight, weekend and holiday hours.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Ability to identify problems and clearly communicate strategic solutions to clients
* Desire to develop a working knowledge of change management, corporate IT audit processes, IT risk management, technical problem resolution, operations systems and data sources knowledge
* Strong initiative and desire to learn
* Able to effectively collaborate with team members and clients to achieve common goals
* Good knowledge of Windows/MAC OS with the ability to carry out root cause analysis
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
* Understanding of information technology concepts in a working or academic environment
* General knowledge of a physical IT infrastructure (server, networking, storage)
* Some understanding of network concepts (switching, routing, perimeter security)
* Some understanding of operating systems (Windows, Linux, AIX)
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.