Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Data Center Migration Engineer - Software Engineer
Req #: 190049221
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Migration Engineers will be deeply involved, alongside Application Owners, Application Architects, and Infrastructure Engineers in the planning and execution of the data center migration and consolidation program to uplift, migrate and/or decommission applications and supporting infrastructure without disruption to business groups.
Engineers are passionate about:
* Leveraging knowledge of large-scale networks, compute and storage architectures to help remove roadblocks in projects.
* Defining and executing technical migration strategies by working with highly technical teams
* Engaging with development, infrastructure, security and operations teams to identify repeatable patterns and architectures for migration.
* Identifying and driving improvements in our internal systems.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
* Extensive work experience in the Information Technology field is required
* Good to have 5+ years of "hands on experience" with application migrations
* Strong communication & leadership skills with the ability to communicate incredibly well with senior technical management
* Strong knowledge of server platform technologies (i.e. Unix/Wintel/…)
* Deep experience architecting and migrating applications, application retirement, server consolidation or infrastructure consolidations/moves
* Ability to discover application characteristics of Linux/Unix, mainframe, midrange, and Wintel applications that will help define migration groups
* Experience assessing applications and application architecture
* Experienced technical leader with proven ability to lead technical design discussions and technology assessments as they relate to application migrations and support tools.
* Proven ability to articulate thoughts on paper in the form of assessments, technology recommendations, roadmaps, and architecture diagrams
* A proven and solid understanding of application development, ntiered architectures, and SDLC methods.
* Demonstrated solid understanding of Datacenter Operations (i.e. Production operations, Server, Storage, Network, Database Management., Systems Management., Helpdesk, DR/Business recovery practices, etc.)
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
So if you're ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, apply today.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.