Data Center Lead
RCG is seeking a Data Center Lead for a full-time position in Washington DC near Farragut West metro station. RCG is a Federal Contractor and this position is within an ongoing contract at a Federal Agency.
Please note: Due to the secure nature of this government agency, all candidates must be U.S. citizens and have an active Secret Security Clearance.
The successful candidate will receive a contingent offer based on the outcome of a government background check. This may take several weeks, and the candidate cannot begin actual employment until the background check is successfully completed.
The Data Center Lead works with a team of engineers providing operational and engineering support for a classified network. This is a working lead role where he/she will be expected to have in-depth operational knowledge and work with the team on tasks and projects. No telework is available for this position due to the classification of the network. The Data Center Lead will work with the contractor program manager as a technical expert and provide guidance on technical tasks and daily operations of the data center. This role can include assisting in planning of large data center moves, upgrades, re-engineering tasks, operational reporting, training staff and/or assist in creating project plans to complete the clients objectives. It will include other duties as needed by the client and/or the program manager.
* Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
* Hands-on experience with: group policy troubleshooting utilizing Microsoft Resultant Set of Policy (RSOP); VMware ESXi; Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop; Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Operation Manger (SCOM); Exchange; Familiarity with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) STIGs
* Knowledge and experience administering Microsoft Windows environment including clustering, Group Policies, advanced configuration, anti-virus and anti-malware software, email gateways, SAN storage, network routing, and PowerShell scripting.
* Knowledge and experience administering Microsoft software including MS Exchange server, MS SQL Server; Active Directory and LDAP technologies on Windows; server monitoring tools such as SolarWinds.
* Ability to provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management. The candidate shall exhibit strong technical understanding when working subject matter experts. He/She should demonstrate the ability to create remediation plans for credentialed vulnerability scan results; recommend mitigation strategies; ensure coordination and collaboration on upgrade activities; successfully implement hardening of all server infrastructure.
* Previous management of a data center is preferred or management of engineering teams on projects.
* Expert working knowledge of data center daily, weekly and monthly operational tasks such as backup schedules, credential scan schedules for vulnerabilities etc
* Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with management and technical specialists; to plan, organize and manage tasks on time with minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintain 2008R2/2012R2/2016 Windows Server environment
* Lead engineer/administrator for all technical tasks for computing, virtualization and storage tasks.
* Provide reporting to fulfill all client deliverables related to data center operations and projects being performed by data center engineers or administrators.
* Assist in implementing new technology as needed and upgrades to the data center based on client requests.
* Attend change control boards as a technical advisor for all change requests
* Additional duties and responsibilities to be assigned by the program manager
* A minimum of 10+ years of demonstrated professional experience in an IT data center role.
* 5+ years in support of a civilian federal government agency.
* A minimum of 5+ years of supervisory experience.
* Demonstrated understanding of federal government agency support.
* Must have to ability to communicate fluently in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
* Security+ CE or CISSP
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required talk, hear, and type. The employee frequently is required use email and telephone.
RCG, Inc. does not discriminate against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, or national origin.