Data Center Lead for a Windows based Data Center to add to our dynamic team of IT professionals. The successful candidate will support our client's platform with production support, system implementation and technical sizing and be involved in the design supporting all client PMO application systems. Will focus on efficiently, and effectively implementing changes and upgrades to the system. Will proactively maintain and improve the performance and availability of key applications used by the client. Will be responsible for leading a team of Systems Engineers and Administrators providing daily operational support for a MS Windows based network. Will provide operational support as the SME for MS Active Directory and Exchange in a multi-site domain utilizing VMware ESX.
* Knowledge and experience administering systems in Microsoft Windows 2008 R2/2012 R2 environments including clustering, Group Policies, advanced configuration, anti-virus and anti-malware software, email gateways, NetApp SAN storage, network routing, and PowerShell scripting.
* Knowledge and experience administering Microsoft software including MS Exchange Server, MS SQL Server; Active Directory and LDAP technologies within a Windows environment.
* The ability to utilize and operate server monitoring tools for a Windows environment.
* Hands-on experience with:
1.Group policy development and troubleshooting utilizing Microsoft Resultant Set of Policy (RSOP)
3.Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
4.MS System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
5.MS System Center Operations Manager (SCOM);
6.Familiarity with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) STIGs baseline control and adherence
* Ability to provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and technical specialists on critical Windows software updates and vulnerability issues; recommend mitigation strategies; ensure coordination and collaboration on upgrade activities; and successfully implement hardening of the server infrastructure in appropriate server roles.
* Experience with implementing and administering MS Windows 2008/2012 Directory Services Infrastructure; designing security for MS Windows 2008/2012 Network; designing and implementing MS Windows 2008/2012 Network Infrastructure.
* Expert working knowledge of Active Directory DC design, Schema, OU design, AD replication topology, and DC backup/restore procedures; DNS, GPO's, Message tracking and performance.
* Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with management and technical specialists; to plan, organize and manage tasks on time with minimal supervision.
* Ability to take direction from and work collaboratively with the overall Project Manager and other Team Leads
Will assist with the planning and implementation by working on-site with the customer as a representative of the clients' engineering team. You will also support ongoing product development and maintenance projects which include developing, debugging and tuning improvements to the system.
You will lead a team that:
* Maintain Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2012 R2 environment and be able to upgrade domain controllers from Windows Server 2008 R2 and maintain Citrix Xen Desktop/App virtual images within the environment.
* Lead engineer/administrator for all related domain policies implemented through Group Policy Objects (GPO) to include user and computer security initiatives, access restrictions, and OS and Application Updates based on users, groups and computers.
* Maintain and administer system monitoring solutions to include Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Operation Manger (SCOM)
* Support vulnerability mitigation and prevention for Windows server platforms using tools such as ACAS, HBSS, and STIG baseline configurations compliance IAW DISA requirements
Must hold a current Top Secret Clearance with SCI access
You must be a US Citizen and all immediate family members and all members of your household must be US Citizens.
* A minimum of 5+ years of demonstrated professional experience in an IT data center role at least 2 of which were in a Lead or Team Lead position.
* 2+ years in support of a civilian federal government agency in a TS environment.
* A minimum of 3+ years of supervisory or team lead experience.
* Demonstrated understanding of federal government agency policies and procedures for datacenter operations
* Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing at a management level.
Excellent communication skills, including strong writing skills
Experience managing compliance with license agreements
Experience controlling and monitoring user access to the system
Experience monitoring and optimizing the performance of the MS Windows Based system
Experience planning, executing, and maintaining backup and recovery of the system
Experience writing functional requirements and preparing functional designs
* Current MCSE Certification preferred but will consider other current certifications.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Bachelor's degree with at least 5 yrs experience in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.