Two Sigma Investments
Hardware Operations Engineer
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world's most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
As Two Sigma continues to expand its business and technical footprint globally, there is an inevitable need to increase our compute capacity as well. Well designed, scalable, and manageable data centers are key to the success of this growth. So we seek a sharp, detail-oriented and technically savvy Data Center Engineer to join our Hardware Operations Engineering team. The Hardware Operations Engineering team operates and manages the hardware fleet of our data centers including servers, networking equipment and power distribution systems.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
* Deploy and configure data center hardware
* Design and implement data center rack layouts and elevations
* Contribute to the lifecycle management of the hardware fleet
* Act as SME for troubleshooting and drive the resolution of hardware issues
* Interface with data center facility providers, remote support, and hardware vendors to ensure Two Sigma receives a high level of service
* Develop detailed BOMs for the Procurement team when requesting new hardware
* Engage with partner engineering teams to complete critical projects for the firm
* Schedule and coordinate work in multiple locations, across different time zones
You should possess the following qualifications:
* 4+ years of experience working with server, network, and storage hardware within a multi-site global setting
* BS/BA degree in a relevant discipline
* Experience with Linux and the command line with remote administration tools (IPMI, iLO, iDRAC)
* Experience working with hardware from Tier 1 (Dell, HPE) and Tier 2 (SuperMicro) manufacturers
* Familiarity with Linux and being comfortable working within the command line
* A strong aptitude and interest for solving problems and utilizing deep technical expertise to efficiently and quickly resolve issues
* Ability to work around highly sensitive machines and networking equipment without causing downtime or outages, including the ability to lift equipment weighing 50lbs
You will enjoy the following benefits:
* Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
* Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
* Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
* Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Two Sigma Investments
Two Sigma Investments is a hedge fund that utilizes machine learning, distributed computing, and other technologies to improve investment strategies.